Friday, January 25, 2008

Elna Baker Says Hi...

I sent Elna Baker some fan mail and she wrote me right back! We're BFF now! Okay, just kidding, but it was fun to hear from her!

Me:
Dear Elna,

I heard you on This American Life this weekend and I want to be the president of your Montana Fan Club. Please hurry up and write your book because I want to buy one for me and one for the local library. I wrote about you on my blog so everyone ELSE can signup for the new fan club, because, frankly, you rule.

Love, Jamie M
Livingston, MT

***

EB:

That's funny, my Mom sent me a link to your blog already, her new favorite pastime is googling me. I'm so flattered to be your new favorite Mormon, and I will hurry and write my book so you have more to be excited about....thank you for the much needed support!!!!

xoElna
***
Hear that? EB needs support, so give this hermana some love.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Brilliant! Can a Virginian be an honorary member of the fan club? I listened to the NPR spot and think she's the next David Sedaris ... but with less chain smoking.

Becky said...

I put a link to her podcast on my adoption blog and told everyone at our FSA meeting about it.

Topher said...

Just like Elna's mom, I found your blog Googling her after listening to This American Life. Have you seen her video on YouTube about the Halloween Dance?

BTW, my wife's from Billings so that picture you have that says don't we wish we lived there makes us both wish we in fact did live there. I also went to college with a guy named Andy Orton who's an LDS dentist in Livingston. Know him?

Jamie said...

Topher, Andy Orton is my dentist and my bishop! I think if you go back to last spring on my blog archives, you can see him giving my daughter a filling. Small world, yo!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...