Monday, January 28, 2008

*SIGH*

My dear Georgia Bee made this lovely post today. I responded thusly:

Ahhh, Georgia, how I wish we were still neighbors! You could sit next to me under my downy duvet with my kleenex (for tears and for the cold that is currently trying to kill me) and talk and sniffle. I LOVE that picture of Marjorie P...it made me tear up again. I am so happy for the two of them, but sad for all of us. You know, I slept in til 10 (my MIL took the kids cuz I'm sick) and got up to get an orange. As I was cutting it, I looked out the kitchen window and saw thick snow falling horizontally, and thought, "Nature mourns, too." Remember when President Benson and President Hunter died? One had a cloud burst and the other a spring blizzard. It's nice to take a day and know even the sky is mourning. I look forward to the funeral and to sustaining our new prophet--"Father Christmas Monson", we always call him...

PS: Another something cute from Georgia's comments:
Did you hear the church spokesman, when asked if those who were close to him knew he was dying, say something like, "Well, he didn't show up to work on Friday, so they knew that something wasn't right."
Just Friday? That made me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog James. I don't know when you find time to do it all, but I am in awe. And I love your tender insite on the passing of my prophet.
xoxo
h

tif-do said...

I hope you don't mind that I'm reading your blog... it's wonderful. We have a few things in common and I feel like I should know you... I grew up in AZ, near Tucson, and have lived in MT for the last 8 years, and I'm LDS, in fact I believe we're in the same stake. It amazes me that no matter where I go... worldy or in computer land, I can find someone with the same beliefs as I do, it is so comforting.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...