Thursday, January 31, 2008

You knew it was coming...

I try not to get too political here just because I want my blog to be a happy place, but I just had to give a shout out to Ron Paul here and direct your to Cousin Brent's blog to read about the Revolution. And then I'll type, "Yeah, what he said." Here's the comment I left:
Amen, my cousin! I think I need to read me the Libertatian primer because I had a fella go off about how some regulation is necessary and that Ron Paul supporters were nuts. I just kinda smiled as he gave his wife all these examples of "necessary" regulation (they were discussing and I was listening in). Anyway, we recorded Glenn Beck's hour-long interview with Ron Paul and we show it to everyone who comes in our house an DOESN'T agree that Ron Paul is a genius. Because he IS. He is too smart to be president, that's for sure, but he's the only candidate I feel totally good about. In the name of George Washington, Amen.

For me, so far, it's either Ron Paul or write in Dallin Oaks. And I am definitely on my own little anti-career-politicians campaign. You know, last year when I asked someone to please explain to me why there are no term limits for senators, NOBODY could tell me? Because there is no good reason in our blessed republic that ANYONE should be able to make a career of politics. It is so wrong and we are LIVING the reasons why. And sure, there's still Mitt Romney with his business rather than political background, and that's nice, but I am sad that the other three front runners are senators.

Just look at what a career in Washington has done to my homeboy, John McCain. I met him for the first time back in 1989 at my boyfriend's graduation party (McCain was friends with boyfriend's dad) during his very first term as senator, and again in 1997 at a College Republicans party at the U of A (yes, believe it or not, there were Republicans at the U of A). I admired him a lot during that time and was pretty excited when he ran for President in 2000. But he has compromised much to "get things done" in congress--code for "caving to whiny dems." I want to vote someone who will put his foot down and REPRESENT the people who voted for him regardless of the mood on the hill, without concern for his "career." Or who WOULD put his foot down, if he had more than a snowball's chance in hell of being elected.

3 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Is it true that Ron Paul checked out? I need to read up a bit but thats what I am hearing.

Anonymous said...

As a fellow Arizonian, I'll say my dear Jamie that I will NEVER vote for McCain. And be comforted, Robert is on the Republican Committee for our county, he gets to vote tomorrow! So he won't vote McCain either, although, I'll confide in you... he's voting Romney. Which he ought to considering the amount of money my dear husband has given to the man. I keep telling him that there's no way a Mormon's gonna make it to the White House, but he has faith, so I let him. -sigh- ;)

Anonymous said...

uh, let me clarify that... evidently I've been informed that I've got my days of the week off! *blush* it's not Monday is it, Crap! that really says something about my Saturday...

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...