Thursday, February 28, 2008

For Jill: Decorating To-Do List

Dear Jill,
Here is what the downstairs family room looks like right now:As you come down the stairs you see the bookcases and the table in the "craft corner" (aka: messy corner); everything on the window sill except the paper trays and everything on the table and chair is going to a new home (one of the bookcase cabinets or the shelves in the laundry room)
Here's the messy corner and the door to Heidi's room, taken from my bedroom doorway.
Here's the new seating arrangement-- the walls a screaming for a warmer paint color and some more artwork, so we bought a nice warm Ivory color (two shades lighter than the tan on the stair wall) and I am going to order some enlargements of some fabulous Rich Melin photography in black frames for the walls).
Last but not least, the new telly. I hope it will not look so barren with new paint and a new artwork grouping (we are going the hang our big Jesus picture--the one now hanging in the messy corner--to the left of the TV and hang the two fancy-matted frames [The Living Christ & I Am A Child of God] to the right. All the family pix and landscpes will be in black frames on the walls above the couches). Why don't you come help me PAINT!?! I hate painting, but I LOOOOVE the results! Next we will be re-doing Addie's room (the guest room) and she wants a periwinkle or mauve-ish color. I will have to look at IKEA bedding and see which color we pick, and then I've been meaning to refinish that whole old bedroom set we got from Rich's Grandma (darker, cherry-ish finish instead of the Scandinavian gold). EEK...it's giving me flashbacks to three years ago! And don't even get me started on my plans for the yard! I even bought my work gloves and seed starters on Tuesday! Come join in the fun!


2 comments:

AuntieM said...

I think that your home is beautiful! A few larger pictures and new pait aught to liven up the room. Yor tikes add a ton of color(in personality alone) to any room they are in. Tons of Fun. I love Heidi's picture.You can see adventure in her eyes. Love you! Mem

Jill Petersen said...

I would love to come help you paint! I think the room looks great! So much space! Did you ever see my shelves decorated downstairs? I took down all the crap and made it look nice. You'd be so proud of me! PS. It was fun to talk to you in the store today! I miss you. I hope you get your package soon. I will mail out the book soon. I can't believe I found it at Macey's at all places!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...