Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Couldn't Resist...

...just one more Beatles song! Pretend it's a late Valentine from me (this song has always made my heart skip a beat--it's so sweet--and now it reminds me of my cute little brother's first dance with his wife after their wedding--***SIGH**). ENJOY!



PS: I finally saw "Across the Universe" last weekend on the way to Billings. I liked it and it made me want to bust out the Beatles CDs, but it wasn't as awesome as I thought ot would be. I think it would be breathtaking on Broadway, though. I liked how it started with "Oh Girl," and I loved the use of "Hey, Jude." Man, when you stop and think about it, even if you don't like them, the Beatles were AMAZING. I can't believe I got to see Paul McCartney buying artichokes at the ranch market in Tucson. Living legend in the produce department. I love them. There are "Dear Prudence" lyrics painted on my kids' playroom wall. I can't live with out at least the 20 Greatest CD...it's time for my kids to learn to sing along!

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Yea, I totally agree that they are one of the best bands that ever lived!!! Drew and I love the heck out of them. I was worried that "Across the Universe would be a bit psychodelic(SP) but the music would rock. I look forward to seeing it soon. Thanks for that fun post!

Lyndi said...

Ok, you totally kicked me back to 8th grade....I love, love, love The Beatles, "She Loves YOU" and "I Want to Hold Your Hand" came out when I was 13, oh how I loved those boys. I saved all my money to buy teen mags, that had their pictures in them. My whole side of the bedroom wall was covered with their pics. I saved all my money to buy their records too. I had all of their albums.....I don't know what possessed me to let Jim Layton get rid of them...........what a treasure they'be now!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...