Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Month of Saturdays

...well, half-a-month, anyway. It DOES seem like forever since I uploaded some pictures because I was deathly ill from one Saturday to the next (1/26-2/2). I went to church today, though, and asided from a stuffy nose and tiredness, I think I am recovered. Yay that. So anyway, LAST saturday we made a morning trip to Bozo so Rich could test-drive a Land Cruiser and we could all go to the Museum and Walmart.

At the museum, Rich saw the bat exhibit for the first time (it changes this week), and I took the kids up to play in the Discovery Room. This time they all put on astronaut costumes and pretended the play gym was their space station. Sadly, Heidi had taken off her suit before Rich came up with the camera, so I just got Addie and James in their suits...

Addie & James in their "space station" at Museum of the Rockies
Astro-Addie
Bad picture of James throwing a fit in his space suit
Heidi playing dinosaurs at the museum.
A few days later, Heidi read library books to her broken baby brother in his walker (which used to belong to Rich). It's nice to catch her doing something NICE for a change...

So THIS Saturday was kind of weird because I was still sick and we were hanging around watching BYUTV's Hinckley coverage. We really enjoyed the interview with Sheri Dew (his biographer) and the other coverage with Jane Clayson Johnson. President Hinckley's funeral was soooo sweet. It was such a great way to spend a Saturday, reflecting on his life. President Monson's comments especially made me feel how close their friendship was, and gave me a sense that our relationships truly are eternal--the way he talked was just so peaceful and familiar and joyful, and it made me feel happy instead of sad. I did, however, fall to pieces when they talked about him being buried with Lancashire dirt as well as Utah dirt, and OF COURSE when the piper came to play Danny Boy, Amazing Grace, and Praise to the Man (the drinking song version--what's that called?). I always felt like such a dork because I still have a soft spot in my heart for North Carolina where I served (and have been known to cry a little when the James Taylor song plays), but now I feel less dorky because even President Hinckley, 70 years after his mission, had tender feelings about England--the place where he served as a missionary and really came to know Christ.

Me, watching the graveside service
The girls coloring and playing Play-Doh and eating pizza
James shared HIS pizza with his doggie. Now doggie in in the washer.
***
Later on Saturday, I took a nap and my peeps hung out...

Heidi got something super-special and AWESOME in the mail from Cousin Summer...


ELEPHANT JAMMIES!!!!!
Thanks, Aunt Kelli & Sum-sum! You really made Heidi's week!
She loves her new jammies!
***
And that brings you up-to-date with us. I will spend this coming week trying to make up for all my slacking this past month, and especially this past week while I was bed-ridden--the house is pretty trashed and all the nooks and crannies need to be re-organized. I need to get back the energy I need to keep up with Captain Furious /Elephant Pants and her little brother! We are all well, thanks to my super-hero husband who held us all together this past week. I sure love him!
Have a happy new week...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I miss the Post about James' arm?? What happened?

Jenn said...

I am glad that everyone is on the mend. It's been a sickly place over here too! I have gone through more Lysol and bleach then any normal human should ever use!! (Does that stuff affect the environment???) My poor kids have basically been bathing in anti-bacterial hand wash and Pine sol for a week! And I have been following around everyone with Lysol, FeBreeze and had sanitizer! I REFUSE TO GET SICK BEFORE OR ON MY TRIP!!!

PS Those jammies ROCK! Adam would have LOVED those when he was Heidi's age (he would never admit it but I know the truth hahaha)...as he had a LOVE for elephants too! 4 Dumbo video cassettes later... (hey I might even have the elephant costume my Mom made ...if so I'll pass it on...she would be so stinkin cute!!!)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...