Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mommy's Hospital

This is what my family room looked like on Monday morning. It has pretty much been this way all week. Apples, juice, graham crackers, blankies, and Wonder Pets.
James has either bronchiolitis or RSV, but they said the treatment is the same so they didn't test him. We just came home Tuesday with a bunch of meds for the nebulizer, adn I think all the kids have taken some hits of it this week. He seemed better and had no fever today (Thursday).
Addie just had a case of the feeling-left-outs, I think, so I let her stay home and rest. She had to stay in the family room and lay on the couch, read, or color.

Look at my little drama queen, Poor Heidi (the one that's sickest today--third day in a row of 101-104 temps, barfy-cough, and today we learned she has an ear infection). She is now on antibiotics for the second time in her life. She seems better today adn is sleeping in her own bed for the first tiem since Monday.
***
Ask me how TOTALLY NUTS I feel right now after being on duty about 21/6 (since last Friday--that's 21 hours, six days a week). THIS IS WHY MOMS AGE, folks! I probably just tacked on a couple of real-age years and some wrinkles working doubles at our home-hospital this week. Thankfully, Richard takes the 1-7am shift, and then goes to his office job. We are both pooped and ready for the kids to wait on us now! ;) KIDDING! I love them and I am glad they are on the mend, and I am especially grateful that my husband works so hard so I can be home with my little ones, especially at times like this when they just want to lay on me all day. It would just kill me to have to leave them like this!
I have to work at the hotel tomorrow (they are trying to hire a full-time person, so they keep having me cover til they get someone--it's ok with me if it's ok with Rich), and then I am planning a relaxing evening Saturday--date night--I hoep it all works out, cuz we need it!
***
And now, for some IDOL THOUGHTS...
FINALLY, this week I think the contestants really brought it. It helps that they got to sing Lennon/McCartney songs, although it obviously hurt some of them when they massacred the songs. I thought that Kristi Lee Cook would go home for what she did to Eight Days A Week, which was, I will have you know, my very favorite Beatles tune well into high school. I also thought David Hernandez was lame, but that Kristi should have definitely gone home first. My Jason, Michael, and Brooke SLAYED, but David A. had a bad night. I am hating David Cook less, and I loved his Lionel Richie cover last week! Chikezie was awesome this week, and I got officially tired of Amanda's screaming. She is going to have an aneurism on stage! Carly and Ramiele were great as is to be expected, but I kinda hope Syesha and Kristi go home soon cuz they bore me.
(PS: Isn't Kristi such a Shania wannabe? She totally does that weird straddle-squat dance move that Shania does that made it totally impossible for me to watch her perform live--I like both ladies, and heaven knows I love real, old cowgirl music, I just don't think Kristi is rockin' the show and I hate that move!)


12 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

That is the saddest picture of James with his bottle!:( I hope your nightmare week ends soon! I was watching Jon and Kate plus 8- (my new fav on tlc) and all the kids got the flu at the same time! I would shoot myself!

Your thoughts on Idol are spot on! I could hardly tell they were Lennon/McCartney songs! Eight Days A week is one of my most favorite songs ever and I wanted to cry listening to it! In My Life was totally slaughtered as well! Those two songs really made me sad! Remember at Turk and Carla's reception when they totally rock out to Eight Days? They were so cute! I am glad you liked my Zoolander post! Thats all I could think of when he made those silly faces and he was so metro!

Anonymous said...

Fill those sippy cups with water, not juice, if you want your beautiful kids to avoid dental decay. They will thank you for it when they're adults with healthy, strong teeth!

Jamie said...

Anonymous: My only kid that will drink plain water (and this has been from birth) is Heidi, so I have to do flavored water or half-n-half juice. We decided five years ago, "Hey, those teeth are coming out anyway!" and bet on the genetics since I didn't get a cavity til I was 16 and Rich has perfect teeth. I know some people have to worry about that, though. Too bad.

Becky said...

Oh, you poor things! I can't believe how pale and sickly the poor tykes look! I did that last week with the stomach flu (with only one kid, though) and got such cabin fever. I did crazy stuff to stay sane, like shop online for swimsuits when he finally conked out!

Lisa Oslin said...

Jamie your poor babies. They look so sad. That is actually my favorit thing about the kids when they are sick is how sad they look. I have found that now that my kids are teenagers when they are sick they are so loving to me. On a normal day they could care less whether or not I am around but when they are sick they want to be around me all the time. I know it has to be hard for you with them being so little. I wish I was closer so that I could come and give them lots of loves.
We miss you guys so much and cant wait to see you guys again.
Love you, Lisa

Happy Gilmores said...

Did you get to have a fun date night tonight?

Aim said...

aww jamie! I love you so much! I hope everyone is feeling better!

amie

ps- looking at some of your other posts.....you are such a fun mom! Look at all the great stuff you do with your kids! It's an inspiration!

thehiattfamily said...

I always asked Mom's how they do it with multiple sick kids. One Mom of 6 told me she would get big sheets and blankets on the floor in the family room and they all had to stay on the blankets and whomever was the least sick and was able, at the time, helped the most sick person with whatever they needed. That horrified me, so I decided never to be sick or have sick kids. Do you want to ask me how that is going?

thehiattfamily said...

I always asked Mom's how they do it with multiple sick kids. One Mom of 6 told me she would get big sheets and blankets on the floor in the family room and they all had to stay on the blankets and whomever was the least sick and was able, at the time, helped the most sick person with whatever they needed. That horrified me, so I decided never to be sick or have sick kids. Do you want to ask me how that is going?

thehiattfamily said...

I always asked Mom's how they do it with multiple sick kids. One Mom of 6 told me she would get big sheets and blankets on the floor in the family room and they all had to stay on the blankets and whomever was the least sick and was able, at the time, helped the most sick person with whatever they needed. That horrified me, so I decided never to be sick or have sick kids. Do you want to ask me how that is going?

Aim said...

Yeah still on for conf! Can't wait. We just got our tickets not too long ago. One of Matt's old mission companions and his wife have already claimed us for staying at their house though so we won't be joining you in drapper. Thanks though!

Aim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...