Monday, April 07, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig...

We arrived home safely from Utah last night after a little pit stop in Pocatello to see my dad, Becky, and step sisters. We drove in hail most of the way, but the sun mercifully came out for the kids to play for a while at Papa's house. Our trip was wonderful --and even restful, thanks to Jill and Drew being so kind as to let our kids sleep over at their house while we slept soundly at the hotel. You can see some pix at Jill's blog--I took most of the Priesthood meeting pool party pix because I didn't swim. I will write the travel log when I upload our pix. Thanks everyone who made our trip so nice--Mayberrys, Posties and Postums, Petersens, Laytons--and M.E., please forgive me for not making it over to your house for a visit. I promise all my Utah amigas that I am making a "friend-trip" ASAP (ME, I can help you pack!). The family has just gotten so big and all-consuming, it's silly to try to plan other stuff when we're all together. SORRY! I LOVE YOU!

I am in a post-trip fog, doing laundry, catching up on email and blogs, and I feel so heart-broken right now. I read on my friend Jessica's blog that her 9-year-old niece drowned in the bath tub on Sunday morning (do you remember my NC friends, the Smiths? Decker and BJay and Paige? It was Paige's daughter and I am so sad). It's a horror, every mom's nightmare, and I can't stop praying for Paige and her family to be strengthened and comforted. (And my girls can forget about bathing alone...) All my love and sympathy to the Smith's & the in-laws...

Later...

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad you're home...and that the trip was a success. I'm home SICK again!!!! Nasty cough and congestion stuff !!!!! Argh! Sorry to hear about your friends niece...scary!Prayers for the family!

Jill Petersen said...

Hi there-
Mark downloaded pics to my puter last night so I have all their pics. It's really helpful since I just didn't take any pictures this weekend with my camera. I didn't want to steal too many from them so I hope mom blogs a lot of them.

I wish I didn't read about your friend Jessica's niece. I want to puke. I feel so weird and stunned. I hope the atopsy shows that she just feel asleep to go back to Heavenly Father and that's why she didn't wake up. I am so scared to bathe my kids! They just got out of the tub 30 minutes ago before I read this. I will say prayers for them.

I love you. I had a BLAST!

Jill Petersen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla said...

When I read your post I visited Jessica's blog and I'm just heart sick! I remember serving in Pinhurst when Paige got home from her mission and her doing splits with Sister Riley and I, and again, Sister Roderick and I. I loved Paige! She is such a sweet, lively, fun woman. My heart goes out to her and all the Smiths. I also remember meeting her (then) baby girl about 9 or 10 years ago when my sister Cheryl and I traveled to NC and stayed at the Smith's B&B. Paige and her husband were living with them at the time. It smacks home the Gen. Conf. talks about the Atonement and testimonies of the resurrection all the more!

Anonymous said...

The docs determined she didn't drown, it was either an aneurysm in the brain or some malfunction in the heart. They harvested almost all of her organs and she will be helping some 60 people because of that.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...