Monday, April 21, 2008

The Misses Dashwood

Jill called and told me to check out her new blog layout (love it) and take the Austen Girl quiz. I already knew that I AM Elinor Dashwood, but I took the quiz anyway...

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!

Jill, you should know how much "Sense and Sensibility" is/was a part of my life with Erin, Heidi and Jeanne. First Jeanne and I had a class where we had to read some Austen books and we cracked jokes about them all the time and caught ourselves talking like the characters all the time. And then the movie of Sense & Sensibility came out when Erin, Heidi and I were roommates and we would just turn in to Dashwoods at the drop of a hat.

Edward Ferrars: I hope I find you all well.

Marianne: Thank you, Edward, we are all very well.

Margaret: We've been enjoying very fine weather. [Marianne nudges her]

Margaret: Well, we have.

Edward Ferrars: I'm glad to hear it. The roads were very... dry.

Erin used to write me letters about the weather and the roads all the time (because that is polite conversation!) and invite me to "come stay a fortnight"...it was great fun!

7 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

That's so fun! I'm glad you took it even if you already knew the outcome! Thanks for playing a long. I can just see you girls acting silly with that 'sensible' talk! Ha Ha!

familywithfivekids said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello! I saw on your profile many blogs and wasn't sure which one you would see my reply on! :) I am so happy to meet a new friend who knows the Clarks! Fun! Joshua Clark is currently serving as stake YM president and also on the High Council. We are in the Tucson East Stake - we are growing! Karl Kern is our stake president. His counselors are Bro. Barney Lewis and Bro. Sanford..I will need to tell the Clarks you stopped by the blog! I will check back with yours too!

Unknown said...

Wow! Gorgeous land, is it really yours? My husband and I looked in to buying land up there, absolutely beautiful. Our only downfall, cold weather : ) Anyways fun blog, cute fam. Check out mine here....http://luvsandlife.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

I'm Elinor, too. How funny is that.

Dana and Rodney said...

Okay, now I'm dying to watch the movie and read the book again with all this talk about Sense and Sensibility!

Suebug said...

Oh my goodness I am Elizabeth Bennet! Does this make me a bad person? ;) Ladies you must see the wonderful movie Jane Austen bookclub.

Suebug said...

I finally figured out how to leave a comment! I am coming into the digital age and am so proud.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...