Saturday, April 26, 2008

Update and Random Pix

James loves brownie batter
Addie and Heidi had some after-school creative time in which they made these "monster trunks" and "monster toes."
James loves to look at our photos on the screen saver---he gets so excited to see his family and calls out our names as he sees us
This is James on Heidi's birthday--I had some things to do, so I turned on "Backyardigans" and gave him some popcorn and water. I heard him giggling, so I went to see what he was doing. He was just chillin' like this, laughing at the silly show.
It's the return of...
CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS!!!

James is obsessed with this particular pair of Heidi's underwear. He loves to wear them over his clothes.

***

SHOUT OUT to Susan, my de-lurking old friend...welcome to the blogosphere!

***


Last Wednesday (the day after Heidi's birthday) I woke up with a dull throbbing headache. I tried to take it easy that day and do things around the house, but my headache got worse and worse until it woke me up at 1am Friday. The pain was so bad it made me throw up and I couldn't keep down another dose of Excedrin migraine. I tried to stretch, ice, heat, etc... and nothing worked. I eventually woke Rich up and asked him to help massage it out, but that didn't help either, so he drove me to the ER around 3am.


I am sad that I went there because all they did was treat my dehydration, nausea, and pain, and they did NOTING to locate the source or the reason for the pain (this is why I HATE seeing MD's for pain! Pain is a message to fix something--I don't want to mask those messages until we know why they're there!). I got adjusted the next day and my chiro was furious that the ER doc hadn't even ordered an X-ray, so he did. He wrote up some notes for my regular doc and I told him I would meet with her the first week of May for my regular Grave's check up. The adjustment does help the pain--it's not excruciating, just chronic at this point. I haven't thrown up since last Sunday, but now I have some kind of cold that obviously involves a sinus infection. UGH!


SO ANYWAY....here's my plan. I am going to ask my doc to test for what ever other illnesses I may have that cause pain (MS, FM, RA, Lupus, etc). Meanwhile, I am going to ask for a physical therapy referral and I am going to find out what stretches and exercises I should be doing to strengthen what's hurting. Then I am going back to Curves where I will use the info from the PT to exercise properly (I know I will feel better if I exercise more, but lately all my efforts just cause more pain, so we gotta fix that). We'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I am so happy to see James in girls underpants! ha ha! I especially love the photo of him just chillin on the couch with his popcorn and drink. I can't stand how cute your kiddles are. I am so lucky to be their Aunt Jillie!

I hope they do a good work up of you and figure this crap out. I also hope your stupid sinuses get better! You're havin some bad luck! I'll say some prayers for you.

Jenn said...

hey, I might be interested in going to Curves with you...want a buddy?

Shoeaddict said...

Hey Jamie, as usual, your kids are adorable and make me smile. As for the headache(s), are you having a lot? Are they migraines? Do you eat a lot of chocolate or sharp cheeses? Those are some trigger foods for some people.

I really hope you get some relief and answers.

Lisa said...

Hi Jamie, LOVE the pics of Captain Underpants. Little kids are so funny. My 18 month old nephew was cracking me up yesterday: He was looking out the window into the backyard pointing and saying, "Fish! Fish!" and when I finally came over to look and said, "Silly, there aren't any fish out there," he laughed his fool head off. He FOOLED me into coming to look, you see. Pulled one over on the old aunt. I've been punk'd by an 18 month old.

On the other note, this probably has nothing to do with your pain, but if the flowers and trees are shedding pollen in Montana anything like the way they are shedding pollen here, and if you have any allergies, that might be something to consider.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...