Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Full-Circle

A conversation I just had with James after he busted down the bathroom door and wanted to chat while I (how dare I?!) pottied.

James: (holding up Addie's monkey key chain) Monkey.
Me: Yep, that's Addie's monkey.
J: Addie.
Me: Addie is downstairs playing with your cousins. Go downstairs and play.
J: Nee-nee (what he calls his friend Lydia).
Me: Danny and Rosalie are downstairs. They want to play. Go play.
J: Shoe.
Me: There are lots of shoes downstairs. Go play with the kids!
J: Outside.
Me: No, it's raining outside, Bubby. You can play downstairs. In your room. With toys. With shoes. With kids!
J: Potty. Mommy.
Me: Yes, Mommy's going potty.
J: Addie.
Me: Yes, Addie, too. You can go play with Addie downstairs.
J: Monkey.

I was done by then, and he is still sitting by me.

It's really a wonder I can still write a complete sentence with these awesome conversational skills.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Don't worry...your conversational skills do come back...it's like riding a bike!

Adriane said...

It's so good to know that I am NOT ALONE! Seriously, I love that. What's weird is that the kids will be happily playing and they'll the slide of the bathroom door and all of a sudden they are all right there wanting to be right next to me when I go potty. I don't get it. Love ya-Adriane

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...