Friday, May 09, 2008

King of the Road

HA! Guess where I am?

I'm in Vancouver with my Mom! We met her and Mark at the hospital after her surgical biopsy today. It was a really fun surprise and my husband deserves a medal for (a) coming up with idea to make this trip and (b) driving all night long! He got off work at 5pm yesterday and we left home at 6pm. We did some errands in Bozeman and left there a little after 8pm. We had potty breaks in Missoula and Spokane. I tried to drive for a few hours from Spokane, but only drove an hour (3am-4am) before my eyes just kept rolling back in my head (I think I took too much allergy medicine). Poor Rich drove 11 hours by himself! He gave both me and my mom a great mother's day gift, though!

We are trying to let Nana and Daddy sleep, but the kids are a little loud and a little whiny. They probably need naps, too, but I don't really have a way to divide and conquer them by myself, so I am letting them run wild in the back yard with Sydney while it's sunny (!!!) outside.

The drive was beautiful (the gorge is breath-taking--if I'd been born here, I could never live elsewhere) and mom is doing great. Everything is still up in the air, but she is really doing so well. I know she doesn't feel good (that isn't unusual), but she's still fun to be around, she looks good, etc. She is grateful to finally be finding out what wrong. It may get worse before it gets any better, but she and we are up for the challenge, it seems.

Aunt Marti and Sam & Kristen--the flowers you sent are proudly displayed and they are so beautiful! There is a lot of love here and that's the bet medicine of all!

We'll update with pictures soon, and mom plans to update her blog, too. We love and miss y'all!
***

PS: The Civic rode like buttah! We love it (esp. getting 40+ mpg!) and the kids were all nice and snuggly. Everyone seemed to enjoy the trip, so yay that.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad that you guys got there safe and sound. I'm still prayin!
Have a great Mother's day! (I wish i was with MY mom!!! :( boo hoo )

Jill Petersen said...

I am so happy you blogged! I am jealous you are there this weekend. Give Mom lots of love from me! I am so glad she's okay and recovering from the biopsy. I can't wait to talk to you. Love you!

Shoeaddict said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom, Jamie! I'm praying for your mom. I'm gald you got to be with her. Thank God for husbands ;) I know I am lucky to have mine and you sound lucky to have yours.

hugs

Becky said...

How is it that our magical husbands are able to drive such long distances by themselves? I could never do that! Thank goodness for them. I wish you guys the best during this hard time.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...