Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh, Yeah...


...American Idol finally got really good on Tuesday night when the two Davids fought it out for the title. The show this season has been inexpressibly cheesy and a little boring, but Cook rode in as the rockin' dark horse (his versions of Hello and Billie Jean won me over). David Archuleta grew on me, too, and was clearly the top voclist from the beginning. However, I thought the fans would rise up this year and vote for the viable pop star after Chris Daughtry unfairly got the axe last year and ended up being the most successful male idol ever (have you noticed what lame careers all previous male winners have had?? LAME, I say!). So no surprises, really.


I'm sad that it got so boring, but that's because Brooke White and Jason Castro--both of whom I love-- and Syesha stayed on way past their time (they were good, but not Idols). Carly and Michael Johns clearly should have been in their spots and the past four or five weeks would have been more interesting. Also, I say it every season, but what senior citizen is doing the theme weeks?? If you are trying to groom the next pop star, you should find mentors who have been relevant in the past 5-10 years, ya know??? I mean, I love me some Neil Diamond and the Beatles, but COME ON!!!! Anyway, it's all over now and I think both Davids have great careers ahead of them. The best pop star definitely won (besides, Archuleta's gotta serve a mission soon anyway!).

5 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Right on sister! I agree on all counts! I am really sad that Michael Johns and Carly Smithson didn't last as long as the others. I LOVE them!

I do hope next year they don't use such senoir citizen choices when picking the songs. Cook won because he has the voice that's totally in and the style. He's a lot like Daughtry to me. Arch is going to serve a mission so that would get in the way! He said it on live telivision here that he's still serving a mish so that's cool with me. I could go in forever but anywho...

Laura said...

I Heart Chris Daughtry! I listen to his CD at least 5 times a week! LOVE HIM!!!!

Happy Gilmores said...

Can you believe Daughtry was two seasons ago already! I swear my all time fav Katharine McPhee was just getting my votes. I curse the 2nd place finisher. The only two people I have ever casted votes for was Katharine (2nd to Hicks) and now Archuleta (2nd to Cook). I liked both finalists this year, but I was still pulling for the handsome young Mormon boy..... but we all here were saying how he had to go on a mission anyway....

Anonymous said...

nooooooooooooo the wrong one got it!!! i am so mad!!!

Home Decorating said...

Your main goal should be to make your room or home as comfortable and attractive to your taste as you can. The creation of theme groups of art images is a great way to decorate your walls and your home decorating. These theme groups can be done with any combination of sizes and subjects as long as they match or contrast nicely with your wall and environment colors. http://decoration-ideas.blogspot.com .

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...