Monday, June 02, 2008

Everything Will Be Just Fine

So I was in the grocery store for some kind of emergency last week, late at night, and as I walked down the aisle, I heard "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World playing from the Muzak. For some reason, it was like divine revelation to me, like a hug, and I started to cry a little bit.

I know that song doesn't sound like it could speak to your spirit, but I have always loved it. I especially loved it when I was a YW leader and even thought it should be the YW theme song! For me, though, under the weight of all that's going on around me and in me right now, it was just a reminder that "everything, everything" would indeed "be all right."

So here are the lyrics and the video. The vid is definitely PG13 and I debated about posting it, but if you watch all the way to the end, it's a perfect message--JUST BE YOU.

THE MIDDLE
Hey, don't write yourself off yet

It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on
Just try your best, try everything you can
And don't you worry what they tell themselves
When you're away.

CHORUS
It just takes some time, little girl, you're in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright, alright.


Hey, you know they're all the same
You know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in
Just live right now and just be yourself

It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else
(chorus)
Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on
Just do your best, do everything you can.
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts, are gonna say
(chorus)
--Jimmy Eat World
Good Luck Today, Mom!

6 comments:

shoeaddict said...

I love this song. I hope your momma has good luck!!

Laura said...

Thanks James. I cried a little too! I love you.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Petersen said...

I always blast that song when it's on the radio. It ALWAYS seems to help me out when I need it. I can totally see myself breaking down in the grocery store! It's a great song. The video is a bit racey but well worth the point.

cmhl said...

I saw a wall plaque (is that how you spell that?) that had written out in kind of retro letters, "Put on some lipstick, it'll be ok."

just reminded me of my mom.. she always thinks I could use just a "little bit more color to take the chalk off.." hahaha..

Good Jamie's mama!!! you'll do GREAT!!


(I love that song too...)

cmhl said...

I meant

GO Jamie's mama! not good Jamie's mama!! arrrrrgh, mommy brain!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...