Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So, here's the story, morning glory:

Best trip to Vancouver yet! I left yesterday morning at 7am in the Civic with James in the front seat (in his car seat) with me. We had a ball, and that little boy never once whined or cried for TWELVE HOURS! He got a little squirmy right at the end, so we stopped in Hood River to get him some sneakers (we lost one of his) and let him walk a bit. Each of us bought a pillow, too, and a drink, and then we drove the last beautiful hour to Nana's house. Even with the half-hour stop, we made it to Nana's by 7:28 MT--so it was only 6:28 here.

I was just in time to go out to a Bavarian dinner at Gustavo's and go see "Mama Mia" with my mom, Janet Gray, and my cutie SIL, Kristen (Cody was a sweetie pie and he babysat James for me). The dinner made me so excited to go to Germany (honey, I tried Weisswurst and it wasn't as gross as it looked on that movie we watched! It was tasty!). So even though I went to sleep at 1am local time (2am at home) and got up at 7am local time, it was quite a day and I am so glad I made it to visit while my mom is feeling decent for a change! Of course, that will all end when she has her chemo on Firday, but I am glad I came a little early.

I reeeeeally miss my hubby and girls, though. I hope you guys are having fun! Addie, tell me all about LINKS tonight! (Addie is going to an all-day day camp for two weeks and Heidi is hanging out with Grandma and some other friends while I am gone and Rich is working). I'll upload some pictures soon. *hugs*

6 comments:

AuntieM said...

You are so brave to drive that far . I love you and I send best wishs to all at the Drews hotel. Love you.

Jill Petersen said...

I can't wait to see you next week. I hope today went okay with Mama. It's so great when road trips turn out nice. I am not sure if I know what that's like!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you have the front passenger airbag disconnected before putting James in the front seat? I've seen front airbags deploy in the absence of front impact (with just slamming on the brakes to avoid a collision). It would be disastrous to James if this happened while he was seated in the front seat.

Jamie said...

Um, is this the same anonymous who told me not to put juice in my kids' sippy cups? Because, heads up, I am NOT retarded--of course the front airbags were disabled. I have a new Civic that has weight sensors in the passenger's seat and it only turns on when there's an adult (or a really heavy box) sitting there. Hello, I live in Montana not on Mars--and I am a chillaxed mom, not an idiot.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to have offended you- that was not my intention.

I appreciate it when others bring things to my attention (even when it turns out that I was already aware of the issue), as I realize that it comes from concern, not the belief that I'm an idiot. Even the most informed and prudent people miss things from time to time, therefore my comment.

I apologize for provoking such an angry response.

Jamie said...

I wasn't angry and I am not offended. I was just being a smart alek! I appreciate the concern for my little homeslice.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...