Friday, August 29, 2008

August in Retrospect

(actually, it's just a bunch of pictures I never posted).
Oh, PS: I keep getting questions about our Eurpoe Trip coming up 9/17-10/01, so may I just direct your attention to the "LONDON CALLING" icon over there on the right? It's a link to our travel blog and all your queries shoudl be answered there. Gracias.
Also, I updated the 08.23 post about the balloon launch with a video of the Provo event.
*****
Floating the Yellowstone River (08.16)
Rich's canoe tipped over pretty much first thing when we got in the water and James was surprisingly concerned. He kept standing up in our raft, watching Daddy, shouting, "Oh! Oh!" This picture was taken a few minutes later and he still has a very concerned look on his face. (don't worry--he got over it and had a fun time).
Heidi and Addie would always rather be IN the water than ON it...
Rich took this picture of Jess in front of him in their shared canoe.
Here's canoe #2 with Davey, Sariah, Danny, Liana, and Mark
(yes, I was the only "mommy" that went--what's up with that?!)

This picture cracks me up because you can see that I am freaking out about my kids doing crazy stuff, while Mike is just grinning. See James trying to touch the water, Heidi standing up and yelling commands, and Addie trying to row us closer to Daddy's canoe...what a circus.
Me, James, Heidi, Addie, and Uncle Mike just chillin' in our raft...
it was so beautiful out there!

A darling shot of Sariah, Danny, and Liana.

We Love the River!

*****

That night, James and Amory got married right next to the river.Look at the cool wedding cake (this was not the groom's cake--it was THE cake)!
(Addie and Liana were so excited that Amory gave them trout cookies)
The night before we enjoted some cupcakes in honor of Nana's Birthday

(you may have seen the video of this even posted earlier).

*****

We also stole some grate pictures from Mark's camera...

...like this one of him and Jared in the garden at the ranch.

...and this one of Mark leading the kids on an expedition at Pine Creek (08.14)...

...where they played in the creek and saw these deer!
Here's Mark on the Boys' Hike/Campout surveying the big burn from summer '06.
And I had to steal this photo because it is so quintessentially Grandma Rosalie in August. Here Liana and Sariah watch her tend her awesome backyard garden (and she's got another one at the ranch). I thank heaven every day for her green thumb, which cancels out my black one (is that a curse for being a desert rat? No, couldn't be because my dad grows a mean garden, too. It's just my burden, I guess. It's amazing my kids are still alive!).
*****
So there you have it! Bring on September!




3 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Canoe's tipping over huh? Maybe there's something WRONG with them! Ha ha! That lake is GEORGEOUS and I am J E A L O U S!!!!

Who is Mike and Amory? That is a pretty cool cake but the fish make me gag! How do you pronounce Amory? Like "AM" ory or like Amy with a long A? It's really pretty!

Jamie said...

Naw, we got rid of the leaky canoe. Rich tipped over because he was trying to reach our oar in the water. Also, it's a RIVER, not a LAKE ;) [remember, we are not "lake people."]

MIke is Rich's Brother, Jamie Anderson is Mark Melin's best friend (Mark was best man) and Jamie spent lots of time with Melins growing up. Amory is his brade--she's a massage therapist who relocated from Texas to Livingston about the time I did. Her name pronounced with a long A like "Amy". I am trying not to cry about the VP nomination....

Jill Petersen said...

SORRY- RIVER! Heaven's to Betsy! Some people can get pretty offended! Just kidding! just a type-o on my end!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...