Saturday, August 30, 2008

So Much to Say, So Little Time!

I have to go float the river, but I have so much to say about my huge crushes on Sarah Palin and Bobby Jindal, and how stunning it was that crazy ol' McCain chose SP for VP, how I had a spiritual revelation during the last night of the DNC, how my love for The Daily Show grwos with each election, etc...

For now, two things.

First, MY MAMA IS TUMOR FREE!!!! With Dr. Simon's and Awesome Nurse Tammy's help, lots of nasty chemicals, she WHOOPED LYMPHOMA'S BOOTY! She had her PET scan on Thursday and saw Dr. Simon on Friday and he said she doesn't have to do her last two treatments! He is going to give her some recovery time and then fire up the ol' radiation. When she called yesterday, Addie heard me talking (and crying--do you know how much better this makes my Europe trip?) and she said, "Is that Nana?"
I said yes.
Addie said, "Is she all better?"
I said, "Almost! The doctor said he doesn't have to give her any more of that medicine at the cancer center!"
"She's better already, before Christmas? You said she would be sick until Christmas, and she's better already? I'm so glad!"

We all are, Addie!!! She must have got your balloon wish last weekend! ;)

SECOND, this hilarious (PG-13) spoof on the Obama Biography. It made me laugh out loud. Enjoy--More later!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Jamie,
That is such great news!!!!!! I am so glad for your mom that she's done with chemo. And before Christmas even! Take a million pictures of your trip, I can't wait to see how awesome it was.

The Zimmermans said...

Yes, great news about your mother. And I, too, love the Daily Show. Since we don't have a TV, I catch it on the internet. That was a great piece. A friend of mine commented on the DNC stage as a platform to crown the new Caesar.

Did you know that we had a new baby a week ago? Our third boy, Elijah.

Best,
Kevin

Happy Gilmores said...

Great news about your Mom!! I was watching Daily Show today and he was really funny. I'm sure he will have us rolling with the GOP convention next week too. Did you see the bit on Daily show where the reporter was yelling OSAMA, OSAMA, and people were saying "No, it's Obama" Priceless. I'm intrigued about Palin too. I think I can get behind this ticket more enthusiastically now.

shoeaddict said...

I am so thrilled about your mom. I will continue to pray!

We looooooove Gov Jindal here. He is so so fantastic-smart and together and wonderful all around. He is just such a breath of fresh air. I'm intrigued by Gov Palin and look forward to learning more about her.

cmhl said...

what absolutely fabulous news!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY mom!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...