Monday, August 04, 2008

So I'm home now...

I made it home at 9pm on Saturday night after leaving Vancouver at 6:30am (with Matt & his boys), dropping off Postums in Helena, and doing the last 100 miles with just me & James. I was so busy snuggling my three lovies all weekend, I didn't get to blog about the end of my trip or arriving home, so here are the last pix from Vancouver: Jill arrived at mom's with Abby and Marshall at 10:30pm Friday night. Even though Matt and I knew we had to get up early and drive 800+ miles with three little boys, we stayed up til midnight visiting with the fam (and saw Ben Folds on Austin City Limits)
We also took pix with mom...here's me & my mama
Mom & Jill
Matty snuggling mom
Matt being silly with mom

My nephews Sam & Jake, and James
This is how the backseat of my car looked at 6:20am on Saturday

(see mom's house behind us?)

***

When we dropped off the Postums, Amie had made a yummy dinner of ham & bean stew and had fixed up the house in Matt's absence. It was great to see her, but we were in a hurry to get home, so James and I jumped back in the car around 7pm and drove to Livingston. I forgot to move James up front with me, so he was right behind me, yelling "MOMMY" in his endearing way. I tried to take some pix of him while I was driving:

It was rainy all the way from Missoula to Bozeman, and the sunset was gorgeous.
Happy Trails!

It's so good to be home with my girls and my sweetie husband. I really missed him, and I am so glad we get to go on our honeymoon next month!

Mom, I had such a great time with you this trip. I know you don't feel good, but I am glad you weren't writhing in pain, either. You're such a tropper and I love you!

***

Remember THIS LITTLE BABY? Well, s/he is 11 weeks along and officially a fetus now! Her/his mom and dad got a peek this week and saw a little heart beating and arms flailing, so things are going really well. S/he looks like this:

Yay for babies! And speaking of babies, we recently learned that we can expect some new nieces/nephews on the Melin side in March. Jess & Kelli AND Mark & Elena expect their 4th babies in the spring. FUN!

2 comments:

shoeaddict said...

I'm not very good at this so, I hope I don't offend but- you and Jill and Matt don't look alike! I think James and Matt's boys look alike though. So cute.

Yay for growing babies.

Jamie said...

I know! We are half sibs, but even the whole sibs on our family don't look alike! I look like my dad, Jill looks like her dad, and Matt looks like my mom! :)

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...