Thursday, September 11, 2008

Above Average


The children had height and weight measurements this week, and here's the scoop: they are all above average (surprise, surprise). I found averages here, and here's how my corn-fed offspring measure up:


Addie (almost 7): 50.5" tall, 61 lbs

average: 43" and 50.4 lbs.


Heidi (4-1/2): 44" tall, 49 lbs.

average: 37" and 35.2 lbs.


James (2): 35" tall, 32lbs.

average: 31" and 28.4lbs.


So Heidi, at 4-1/2, is bigger than the average 7-year-old? And Addie falls somewhere near the average 9-10 year-old (actually that makes sense, since the friend we get most her hand-me-downs from is 10, almost 11)? What are we feeding these children?


Just kidding. It really makes no difference to me what size they are because all this tends to level out in puberty anyway. I just remember being horrified in 6th grade because I was the first person to hit triple digit weight in my class--I weighed 103 pounds at the end of sixth grade, but I was also 5'4". Sounds pretty good now, but I cried really hard that day. I hope my girls feel better about themselves than I did! James is destined to be handsome and tall, but of course it's easier to be a big boy than a big girl.


It's time for us to head out to the Kiwanis Club picnic tonight, which my hubby and his dad are heading up. The kids are getting crazy and hungry, so I am outta here.

1 comment:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...