Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mid-Week Howdy

I haven't posted in a long time, just cuz we've been pretty busy. Heidi went to Wyoming & Rapid City with Grandma & Grandpa Melin from Thursday til Tuesday--she just got home last night and we really missed her! Addie and I put up a Welcome Home Heidi sign and waited for her to arrive around 4pm. It was so fun to see her, and so fun to see the kids all reunited and happy to see each other.

So Heidi left Thursday, and we went to dinner at the Slack Knuckle, watched the end of the DNC that night, and enjoyed having our bed to ourselves ALL NIGHT LONG. Friday we freaked out about Sarah Palin's VP nomination. My first reaction: Okay, McCain just lost. I mean I love her, but nobody knows her. But then I thought: if everyone is so gung-ho to change politics and shut out the career politicians (Biden, Clinton, McCain--I'm taking about YOU), then Palin is perfect. Why is experience such an issue when a non-Washingtonian is what we've all been praying for? It's exactly what we need, and Palin is about as far from the beltway as you can get. ROCK ON. It's still a longshot, but Yay McCain for taking a risk!

Saturday we cleaned house and floated the river in the afternoon, and I worked that night. Our weekend storm rolled in just as we got home from the river. It was rainy and windy all weekend (I won't say "cold" because, although it got down in the 30's, that's NUTHIN' compared to what's coming). Sunday was church, lunch, naps, then our Stake Women's Conference in Bozeman. It was great and I plan to post some of my notes when I have more time. On the way home from Bozo, the rain got torrential and I arrived home to a power outtage. We all went to bed early and slept soundly.

We woke up on Labor Day to find the power still out, so we went to breakfast and to Grandpa & Grandma's house to do our laundry and a bunch of mending/tailoring on her good sewing machine (they obviously had power). Around 1pm, Rich borrowed their generator and took it home to save the stuff in our freezer, and the power came on shortly thereafter. So we came home, finished our laundry, watched news coverage of the RNC and the hurricane. We went out for some hot cocoa after dinner and had another good night's sleep.

Tuesday was back to the grind--Addie to school , Rich to work, and I had to clean up and grab some groceries for home-made pizza night. I did some prep for our trip and lots of housework, helped Addie with her homework and made the dough for pizza night. Heidi got home and we celebrated with plums and lemonade, then dinner, then Daddy was so nice and took the kids to the train museum. I retired, having the girly flu and feeling exhausted, after watching Glann Beck.

It was a good weekend and we are starting to freak out a bit about our big trip across the pond. Two weeks from right now, we'll be on the plane. EEK.

I'll post some weekend pix as soon as I get a chance. Right now we are headed out for a family appoinment with our dentist/bishop. YAY, clean teeth!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thats funny the first thing I thought when I heard the VP pic was Palin was what a rock star move! I'm so glad to have something to be excited about this election!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...