Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yikes

This is what I will wake up to next Sunday morning.
I guess I am freaking out a lot more than I thought I would. I woke up with a stiff neck and some gastrointestinal disturbance this morning, tell tale signs of anxiety--even though I am on medication (chill pills). We're all ready to go and I have the best tour guide in the world, the best nanny, the best hosts...I guess I'm just stressed about leaving my babies and my home. I suppose my current identity is all wrapped up in these things and it's hard to imagine even a few days without them.
HOWEVER--I don't neccesarily thinks that's good, because ultimately I am ME, and I am Richard's wife, and I should be thrilled to enjoying those parts of my identity for two weeks. Heaven knows Richard and I could use some date time...
So tomorrow at 4am we head to Bozeman to catch our plane to Germany and we won't be back until midnight on October 1/2nd. (And bad guys, if you're reading this, the kids and the grandparents are staying here, so don't EVEN try to rob us!). I am soooo excited to see all the sights, and even more excited to see Erin! A good night's sleep and quiet conversations and walks with my hubby don't sound too bad, either...
Oh, see? I feel better already!
*
*
*
PS: So after today, we will be posting about our adventures at EUROMELIN. Click on over...
PPS: Yesterday my darling amigas Jenn and Debbie came over (independently--one in the morning, one at night) and brought me little birthday/ bon voyage gifts. Jenn, (master of paper crafts) made me a gorgeous European Journal, and Debbie made me some fantastic bling: a silver and crystal bracelet that goes with everything. If I had more time (and more sanity) I would write about what these two girlfriends mean to me. Even though we are all way busier than we wish we were and we don't get to "hang out" like we wish we could, I feel their love and support constantly and I hope they feel mine. Thank you for your friendship and for your gifts from the heart, amigas!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I can't wait to live vicariously through your Euro blog. Yay for you guys. I'm excited for your trip and hope you get to see all you planned and more.

thehiattfamily said...

Damion and I leave Thursday for Geneva and I am mirroring your feelings about the kids to a "T" Good Luck- I hope you enjoy it, we will have to compare notes when we get back.

Jenn said...

that photo is amazing!! Have the best time ever girl! I love ya and I know you will have a great time!

Laura said...

I love you so much James, Have a great time. I sure do miss you. Take loads of pictures and bring back lots of fun stuff!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...