Friday, September 19, 2008

Back To His Birthplace

I have been posting about my Euro-Vaycay over on euromelin, but I just wanted to post a howdy here tonight. I am way too tired from walking forty-eleven miles around WURZBURG and WERTHEIM and ROTHENBURG today, and I keep having to look for the Y and the @ on this crazy German keyboard.

Yes, Richard made his dream trip back to his birthplace (Wurzburg) and his first home (Wertheim) today. It was so much fun to tour the "Residenz" then walk all over town taking pix, eating brats and schnitzel sandwiches, checking out the marktplaz and the Main and Tauber Rivers. My feet and calves are KILLING me (go figure-somehow a month of working out just didnät prepare me for walking all day).

We are going to video chat with our kids now and hit the hay. Tomorrow we head down to Bavaria and we visit Neuschwanstein Castle Sunday...fun! Leave me some comments and donät forget to click on "London Calling."

5 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad you posted here. I am glad to hear that you are having a good time. Love you much.

Anonymous said...

your keyb oard dilemma was so familiar. on the croatian keyboard the "z" and "y" are reversed and none of the @, ?, -, etc are in the usa spaces because those spaces are taken up with their made up letters. sometimes even now my computer will on its own change back to that alphabet. guess it is homesick for croatia like me.

Anonymous said...

If the laptop was bought in the US and is set to the US keyboard, why does it flip into German mode?

Jill Petersen said...

I had to comment on all the reading I have done on your gorgeous trip! I can't believe all you get to experience. I bet it is like a dream! Can't wait to read more! I love you Maj and Richard!

Lisa Oslin said...

Hey Guys, I hope you are having the best time. I love you so so much. Thank you for sharing your beautiful journey with us. If you are ever on the edge of the ocean and could pick me up some sand I would love you forever. I collect sand from all ove the place. I have all of my pharmacist bring me back sand from whereever they go on vacation. I have a nice collection going.
we got your post card today. Thank you for thinking of us while you are there. Give you and Rich a love from us and have a great time.
All our love.Lisa ree

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...