Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Out of the Mouths of My Babes...

Last Monday, on the way to dinner with Grandma

Heidi: I don't want to be a mommy when I grow up.
Me: Why, Heidi? Being a mommy is fun!
Heidi: I don't want to cry and get bleedin's--it hurts to have a baby [she's obviously scarred from watching her birth video]
Addie: Then you won't have any sweet little babies, Heidi! Don't you want your own little baby?
Heidi: No! I will cry!
Me: Well, Heidi, the doctor can give you some medicine so it won't hurt. Besides, it only hurts for a minute, and then you have a BABY!
Addie: Yeah, and after that, they're just tears of joy.
***

Sunday Night, laying by Heidi, toward the end of a LONG conversation trying to figure out why she won't stay in her bed

Me: Do these elephants above your bed scare you in the night?
Heidi: No, I love all my elephants.
Me: Then why do you keep coming down to mommy's bed?
Heidi: Because I love you more than elephants.

9 comments:

Aim said...

oh man! i love those little conversations. I especially love hearing convos between the boys too! aww, it gets me every time!

I talked to matt last night about the cousin party and he said finals ARE that week. Im sure it will still be fine tho. hes not really one for advanced planning so it was hard to get a definite yes or no out of him. hes more fly by the seat of his pants kinda guy, which can be fun and frustrating at the same time. haha. Anyway, i say on with the show!

Jill Petersen said...

Please, don't stop putting those adorable conversations on your blog. They make my day! I love that Heidi! Those were some sweet answers. She sure knows how to butter you up!

Laura said...

I so love all three of your kids, But there is something about Heidi that just gets me every time! I heart Heidi!

Bring on the cousin party!!!! Can't wait.

shoeaddict said...

How funny is she? I don't want any bleedins either but I sure do want a baby!

Maybe you should put up a picture of you with her elephants. :)

michaeledrews said...

that is way cute! I love your kids! Hey thanks for the special message today on facebook! also thanks for the birthday card love yo

Unknown said...

she is precious! oh my word. That is so cute! Missing you!

Unknown said...

that was adriane- me leaving the comment by the way!

Luisa said...

Aww, that's so cute. Mara and I have had almost the exact same conversation about having babies.

PS How are things going as Primary Pres?

Aimée Dillon said...

When I was little (3) I shared a bedroom with my two older brothers. This bedroom also led up to the attic. If that hadn't been scary, I still would go sleep in my parent's bed. My mom would always ask what was wrong and I had to come with a new answer ever night.... I usually blamed one of my brothers, but I should have just told the truth like Heidi.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...