Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

First of all, HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY (yesterday), JILL! We're finally the same age!
I love you, sis!
Secondly, Happy Birthday to Will, my brother and pal! I love you, too!
***
1. PUMPKIN SPICE KISSES
Yeah, you read that right! Thank you, dear Hershey's, for making the Pumkin Spice Kiss. It's the only candy I like as much as dark chocolate. It's on my gratitude list this Thanksgiving!

2. HEIDI'S PHOTOGRAPHY

How else would I record this mommy-pose?

Don't mind the foggy spot, just enjoy the Heidi-cheese!

She caught James enjoying Diego last week

And yet another charming self-protrait!

3. RUSK THICKR MOUSSE

Hope In A Can for the practically bald (that's my hair category--my hair is so fine that I am practically bald; most three-year-olds have thicker hair than I do)! I have never, ever been able to use anything but a light hairspray on my hair because EVERYTHING weighs it down, and mousse was out of the question. Until two years ago when my long-time stylist busted out this stuff. I though she was crazy--she knows my hair and she never weighs it down. "Trust me," she said, "This isn't like other mousse--you'll love it." And I do! It's like a fat suit for my hair. In combination with volumizing shampoo & conditioner and a quick blow out, I look like I have a full head of hair.
4. QUEEN HELENE COCOA BUTTER LOTION
In addition to my baldness, I have the dryest skin! I have spent a fortune trying to find the perfect remedy, and there's lots of good stuff out there (Curel and Eucerin, I love you). But for the day-to-day moisturizing (it takes longer to moisturize after a shower than the actual shower--if I don't do it, I literally can't bend my joints without cracking!), you can't beat the cheap stuff! Here's the routine: two layers of Queen Helene with a sealing coat of Curel on the rough spots. I got through about 2.5 of these each year, and I have been using it since I was a starving student. It's only $1.99 for this huge bottle at Walmart--I love that. It's the only cheap lotion I have ever found that doesn't irritate my skin. Yay for QH!
5. Lastly, at least for tonight: Bring Your Torches, Jeanette, Isabella by Manheim Steamroller
I am making pies with Addie, listening to our family Christmas Mix CD (it's the Sabbth, it's about Jesus, so don't tell my it's not time for Christmas, cuz IT'S ALWAYS TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!). The Manheim Steamroller version of this song is just SO CHRISTMAS to me. It really captures the spirit and feeling I have, just puttering around the house with my loved ones over the holidays. I love, love, love it! I couldn't find it on youtube, but here is a pretty version.
***
Happy Sabbath, and a wonderful week to all y'all!

2 comments:

Aim said...

hahahahah! oh jaim i feel your pain with thin hair! In fact ive had huge reservations about keeping mine long because its so fine. this is the longest its ever been tho and i promised myself i had to make it past the middle of my back before i decide to cut it. only a few more inches to go and im liking it so far, except for the lack of volume so ill have to give your new found treasure a try.

btw, i am totally looking forward to another cousin christmas party this year! that was way fun last year. any time is good for us, we are staying put for the holidays most likely. Unless santa has started delivering gallons of gas this year! let me know if i can help with the planning!

Cannwin said...

Alyjander sitting next to me: MY HEIDI! I hope Heidi moves here. Heidi is my best friend and I miss her.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...