Wednesday, November 19, 2008

News from Dad

I went to Dr. Lassere yesterday for my follow-up visit and he claims he has the answer for the sudden loss of muscle strength and coordination, West Nile virus. It is very prevalent in this area. Less than 1 percent of people who test positive for anti-bodies to this disease have any kind of neurological symptoms, however they occur most often in folks over 50. The name for the syndrome is pretty scary, and I had a rather benevolent form of it, is West Nile poliomyelitis. I am part of that lucky 1 percent. The real lucky part is that almost all of the symptoms have gone! The first symptom was tingling and numbness in the hands, and it looks like that is the last symptom. That is slowly going away, and my hands are fully functional, but the mild numbness is still irritating. The fly fishing arm will be in prime condition by Spring.

I apparently had type B influenza, a bacterial inner ear infection, and west nile virus within a week or so. If your gonna’ get sick, try to do it all at once and get it over with!
(we call that "consolidate the misery"--be glad when bad stuff happens all at once!--jm)

I appreciate all of you folks and your concern with Becky losing her mother this last week.

-Dad
***

Poor Dad! I am so glad it was a VIRUS! But I am still sorry you got sick. EWWW! Seiously, this is such a weight off my mind. We were getting all geared up for "Operation Papa Care" this winter! I hope things went smoothly for Becky and her family this past week. Please giver her our love and give yourself a pat on the back for being such a tough guy!

Love, Jamie

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I am glad they pin pointed the actual virus and there is no need for operation papa care!

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE your new blog header! I can't wait to sqeeze your babies tomorrow night! Even if it is past midnight!!!

Laura said...

Love then new header. James is so cute.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...