Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bed Head

Yesterday's infusion went smoothly, although they were running late and it took up my whole afternoon. Instead of catching up on podcasts (after all, I can watch Glenn on Fox now--did you see him the past two days with Blogojevich? Blago is straight- up sociopathic!), I read February's Domino Magazine because Zooey Deschanel was on the cover and I love her. There was this column about good drugstore buys and the columnist's style just cracked me up. She wrote a blurb something to the effect of: "Long, Hot Baths: I am so over bath crystals because epsom salts rock and they're only $3. somthin' at the drug store. I just add essential oils--jasmine when it's date night, lavender when I hate everyone." It made me laugh because I relate on so many levels.

My new haircut is a challenge. I may go have it "adjusted" if I can't style it properly today (I have to lead a teacher training meeting tonight and I don't want to look like Dan Zanes as I have the rest of the week due to (a) many hot flashes causing me to sweat, hence making my hair super curly, then (b) 70mph winds blowing it ever-which-way). I'll post pix later.

The kids are doing great, Rich is awesome, Life is good. I have tons more to write, but it's time to get ready for escuela. Be back soon...

PS: Click Here for PURE AWESOMENESS

2 comments:

AuntieM said...

Ok, I never have heard of Danny boy but when I clicked on Dan Zane and saw the picture I cracked up. I am still giggling. OH MY, but you do have a way with words.:)

Anonymous said...

You know, I was pretty sure that was her voice in Elf, but I never had confirmation until now. You've got to agree with the Buddy the Elf's assessment of that voice though. Amazing.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...