Thursday, January 08, 2009

It's a Miracle!

I guess I really didn't know how "inflamed" I was because I am feeling so much better today in ways I never expected. The infusion went so well yesterday--it takes about an hour and a half and I just chill there in my little recliner, listening to podcasts with a needle in my hand. I loathe IVs and have been known to pass out while they try to find my rolling veins, but the infusion lady is a total pro and she got me on the first stick with absolutely no burning or bruising (yet).T here have been a few side effects (like my face feels sunburned today), but Rich could see my eyes less swollen this morning already, and I can feel my body moving around less painfully--YAY!

Of course I am working in the nutritional, herbal, and exercising parts, too, and I am feeling a lot more optimistic. This experience so far has given me a little more faith in medicine--the relief is great. Now I just have to come down off the meds, which can be the hard part, I am told. I'll get infused every Wednesday afternoon until February 11th. On Feb 16th I see my endcrinologist in Billings and on Feb 26th I see the opthamologist to measure my eyes and see if we're out of the active phase yet. FOR FUN!

With my new-found energy, I cleaned the kitchen, finished the laundry, and got Christmas all neatly packed into Rubbermaid bins for Rich to pack up to the attic (aside: Rich left the ladder to the attic down in the garage the other day and while I wasn't looking, James totally climbed up there and was dinkin' around in the rafters--scared me to death!). To reward myself, I am going to join Rich in Bozeman tonight. While he leads the Stake Preparedness Meeting I am going to Costco and Target and Michaels to replenish food storage, meal plan, and get some fun things for Primary.

Later I hope to upload some fun pictures of our recent doin's...Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad that you are feeling better!

Laura said...

Hooray for good drugs! I'm happy you are feeling better. I will talk to my bishop on Sunday to see about the 20TH. I am calling mom as I type.

cassie said...

Hi! Love your blog title quote. Is that from Prairie Home Companion? My mom is doing well, Aaron and Linda are well, they live in Tempe and have 5 kids. Thanks for sharing your blog with me, I haven't read much but whatever is making you sick, I'm glad you're feeling a little better. My blog is www.bradcassiebacon.blogspot.com I'm much better at keeping this up to date than facebook. Your mountains are beautiful, too bad they come with snow!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...