Sunday, March 22, 2009

Celebration

We have much to celebrate this weekend! On Friday we drove to Helena and stayed over at Matt & Amie's awesome pad and had the WILDEST COUSINS PARTY EVER (11 kids). On Saturday, my nephew Jared Lehman was baptized in a very sweet mostly-family service. Congratulations, Jared!Thanks for inviting us!
***
Today, Sunday, we welcomed cough germs for the whole family and day five of another sinus/ear infection for me (I'm on day 3 of a z-pack) so we all stayed in bed. Also, we welcomed two new baby girls to our extended family...
a yet-to-be named Melin Niece down in Florida
and Lucy Marie Mayberry down in Arizona...
CONGRATULATIONS
to Jess, Kelli, TJay, Summer, and Matthew
&
Cousin Dave, Lacy, and Penelope!
We can't wait to meet your sweet baby girls!
UPDATE: Click HERE to see ALEXIS and LUCY
***

Also, today, down in Tucson, I missed a special reunion/memorial by all the "Pioneers of Music" alumni from Magee Jr. High for Bob Gabriel, our music director, who passed away last month. I would have loved to have been there--Pioneers totally reinforced my love of music and helped me to be a better performer. When I think back at what Bob Gabriel and Mari Bell accomplished at that school, it boggles my mind. I wonder how many music teachers and programs they spawned over--what--30 years? Amazing.
***
So now I'm off to flush my sinuses with saline and take a Claritin. The good news is that I can take decongestants now that I don't have a thyroid. The bad news is that I did my own searches the other night and found out that an enormous number of Graves patients have recurring sinus and ear infections (people who never had them before), even though all my doctors say it's not related or a side effect. Things that make you go hmmmm.
Six more days til AZ...the sun will do me good!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...