Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Girl, Put Some Makeup On!"

My steri strips came off this morning! Yay...kind of...I like having the gash somewhat covered, but now it's just swimmin' in neosporin. Hey, thyroidless sisters, got any wound care tips for me? The doc told me what to do, but it was just a few hours after surgery, so yeah, like I remember that...! Anyway, here I am fresh from the shower at 9am: From below (so puffy! check out my awesome Elrey jowls!)
From above...a pearly pink neck smile!

***
My peeps have all gone- the girls to hang out with Grandma and cousins Rosie and Hannah, and the boys to the gun show in Bozeman (yes, we are armed and dangerous now, and I missed hunter safety last weekend! I'll catch the next one and you can just call me Calamity Jane!) I am taking a wicked sweet nap today! I am getting excited to visit AZ, to snuggle Owen, to hang with Sam, Kris, and Lisa, to meet up with my valley girlz in Mesa, to catch the Easter Pageant at the AZ Temple, to celebrate Papa's 84th birthday...what great timing for a trip, and for less than $100! THIS song has been on my mind...it's perfect for spring fever and daydreaming of AZ sun! Have a great weekend and SING ALONG...


Three little birds, sat on my window.
And they told me I don't need to worry.
[love the bob marley reference!]
Summer came like cinnamon
So sweet,
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

Maybe sometimes, we've got it wrong, but it's alright
The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same
Oh, don't you hesitate.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

Blue as the sky, sunburnt and lonely,
Sipping tea in the bar by the roadside,
(just relax, just relax)
Don't you let those other boys fool you,
Got to love that afro hair do.

Maybe sometimes, we feel afraid, but it's alright
The more you stay the same, the more they seem to change.
Don't you think it's strange?

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

'Twas more than I could take, pity for pity's sake
Some nights kept me awake, I thought that I was stronger
When you gonna realise, that you don't even have to try any longer?
Do what you want to...

13 comments:

Jenn said...

One of my Fav songs! Glad that you are lookin and feelin better!

Kliss said...

Hey Jamie,
Let me know when you are in town (email me!) I just live a couple of blocks away from the Temple. and would to see you all.
Love ya!
Kliss

Summer said...

My sister says you should ingest Vitamin E. She didn't say why....

Jessica said...

Yeah, at my 1 year post-op with the surgeon he asked me if I was massaging my scar with vitamin E oil like we talked about... I didn't remember that either. I think just keep it medicated. My scar is lower, closer to my clavicle. Have fun on your trip to AZ!

Laura said...

Get some of that Mederma (sp?) stuff.

Lisa said...

My doc told me to rub it with Vitamin E. I bought a bottle of Vitamin E capsules and poked them with a pin and sqeezed out the oil. However, I suspect this exercise is sort of like those buttons at crosswalks -- they don't actually make the light turn green any faster, but they give you something to do while you're waiting.

lishajeanne said...

My little girl had stitches right under her eye. We used Mederma religiously 3 times a day for about a month and you can't even see it unless you know where to look. You can't start using it until your wound is completely healed though.

Shoeaddict said...

I was going to suggest vitamin E too. Good luck! Maybe you should call the doc and ask if there is anything special you should be doing?

I love that song! I love her name too- Corrnie's.

Jamie said...

I am doing triple antibiotic over vitamin e oil, as well ingesting extra e in my multi vitamins, so I shoudl be good. I'll invest in some mederma next month or so. Thanks girlfrenz!

shoeaddict said...

Oh! That song has been in my head all day now.

Carla said...

Wow!-you got your thyroid removed! Hope you're recovering fast. Girl, you look better than I do without makeup! You are serious brave. ;)

p.s. I liked your post about the need to create because we are daughters of our Creator. That explains so much the reason I'm like this. I may have to borrow that one. Get better soon!

Laura said...

Hey James, I went to my Doctor today. The Nurse and I were talking about family medical history and you came up. She had her tyroid removed and she showed me her scar. It was way bigger then yours is but you couldn't really tell unless you looked. So don't worry. I go back tomorrow to have a buttload of blood drawn so she can test for EVERYTHING!!! I sure do love you. See you soon.

Geo said...

Photo #1 is sort of a nostril angle, but photo #2 is definitely gorgeous. I dare anyone, including you, to insist that beautiful mug needs a drop of makeup.

You are the second friend of mine this year to acquire suck a pretty pink neck smile. It will heal, brave girl.

I love you!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...