Friday, March 27, 2009

It Seems Like Years Since It's Been Here

It's been a long, cold week here. The girls are back in school and James and I have just been puttering around the house while it blizzards out side, getting things ready for my 5 days in AZ. So I don't have any fun pictures or anything this week.

I wish I had pix of last night, though, because we went to Heidi's preschool where the kids made a restaurant called Hot Wonko's and served us sampl platters of food they made yesterday during school. All the kids had on chef outfits and they served the foods they made. Heidi made PBJ sandwiches cut with cookie cutters into different shapes. There were also Little Smokies, Alfredo Pizza, Pasta Bake, Fruit Smoothies, and quesadillas. It was pretty fun and hte kids were sooooo cute!


I am so tired of winter. It's not just the snow--I'm cool with spring snow cuz it just melts and makes a very green May. But freezing temps at the end of March? Gimme a break! The wind chill last night was 5 below. That is ridiculous. What are my poor daffodils and tulips going to think? In fact this week I wanted to plant a bunch of seeds and do starts in the house and my MIL said we should wait two weeks to start plants because veggies can't even go out until Memorial Day weekend. GEEZ!


So here's the official song of springtime! If spring can't find me, then I'm gonna go find spring! (well, it's actually hotter than a Montana summer in AZ already, but hey--bring on the vitamin D!)


5 comments:

Summer said...

What a perfect song for this "Spring". But hey! I will see YOU in August!

Elizabeth said...

So glad I don't live there! Michigan is in the high 50's now. One never knows though. You aren't safe here until May. But I take what I can get! Looks like we might be moving to CA. I won't rub it in though!

Jenn said...

Have a great time...I wish i could say the same about my trip! We'll catch up when you get back. Have fun.

Aim said...

Oh i need some vitamin D too sister.... i went tanning the other day cause amie had a card that needed to be used up and let me just say that i loved the feel of the radiant heat... i miss AZ, but not the amount of people that live there. have fun down there.

Matt

Geo said...

I am here in Zion, poised and ready to worship some sun. If only it would shine!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...