Friday, May 15, 2009

Wellness


I went to see both of my docs in the past 2 days and it's ALL GOOD NEWS. On Thursday morning, Dr. Reid went over all my labs with me then scheduled me for another check up in 3 months (mostly for TSH and blood sugar, just to be sure we have really achieved balance--and actually it will be nearly 4 months because dear Dr. Reid is going to PAKISTAN for the month of August! I hope she makes it home!). On Friday morning, Richard and I drove to Billings to see Dr. Sorli, my endocrinologist. He basically went over my recovery, the numbers, and how to maintain my health (especially about building muscle, getting about an hour or so of slow, steady exercise everyday to maintain healthy insulin levels and hormonal balance). To celebrate, Richad and I made a Date of the trip. First we had lunch at HuHot Mongolian Grill (so healthy AND delish), then did a temple session (and when we came out, the spring rain clouds had disappeared and the spring sun was blazing brilliantly--so awesome), then bought a gardening hat at Big K, then saw "Angels and Demons." On the road to and fro we listened to David Sedaris on ipod audiobook and got a good laugh. Another great day!

Here are the numbers for the record [with the ideal/maximum in brackets]:
blood pressure: 124/74 [120/80]
blood sugar: 85 [100] A1c 5.9 [6.0]
total cholesterol: 148 [220]
trig: 163 [200]
hdl: 34 [40] [I need to raise this with Omega 3 supplements]
ldl: 81 [<120]>
thyroid-TSH: 1.31 [.3-3.0], FT4: 1.0 [.7-2.0]
YAY! Our active lifestyle resumes tomorrow as we head down the valley to clean up the Shorthill Cemetery and work at the ranch. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Saramajayne said...

Jamie that is great. I am so glad that you are doing so well. I love you

Jill Petersen said...

Thank heaven's for wellness! I am glad we have good docs and they keep such good track of us. I love you!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...