Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Day That Kicked My Tail

So we got to the Museum of the Rockies at about 10:45am, just in time to watch a planetarium show about Hubble Telescope images. The kids liked learning about star birth and star nurseries as well as "old stars that blow up and make shapes with their gas clouds", also known as Super Novas.

The new main exhibit is about Pirates and treasure, so the kids got to watch clips of Goonies, control an underwater video camera by remote, use metal detectors in a big sand box to find stuff, put on a pirate puppet show, play a treasure hunting game, measure their weight in gold (James is worth $378, 000 and I am over 2 million--yikes) and other fun little activities. Of course we went to see our old friends the dinosaurs and played in the discovery room a little bit.
Heidi on a treasure hunt
James at the puppet theatre

All three kids put on a puppet show for me.
**
Upstairs there is still an exhitbit of shepherding in Paradise Valley, so I snuck a few pix for y'all. All of the photos are just gorgeous. I really, really love them...


Sorry about the glare, but this is a sheep herding family living in their covered wagon, playing guitar in 1939!

Modern Shepherd--this pose reminds me of all those "Good Shepherd" paintings of Christ.

***
After the museum, we had a few errands at Costco and Target (for upcoming baby shower, Rich's bday, Fathers Day). I was so DAWG TARD when I finally loaded up my brood and headed home at 3pm, I thought I would fall asleep at the wheel! Luckily, my coughing kept me awake! ;) I was driving Rich's hybrid, which was quite a contrast to my regular daily errand-running. I expressed the oddness on facebook like this: I had a moment today--I usually drive around in my van listening to talk radio (we don't get music here) and that's kinda 'my life.' But today I got to take our little hybrid, which has an ipod dock, so I had a moment at a stoplight singing along to Tigerlily where I thought, "this is kind of opposite of my daily grind--big van, conservative radio vs. tiny hybrid, hippy rock..." and yet still so very Me. Weird.

I was fortunate enough to have help making dinner (and some thawed beef strips), so Chef Addie and I threw this together (click to enlarge):

***

I got a little run down, so Rich gave me the day off from the ranch today and I am instead doing Primary stuff and housework ALL BY MYSELF. Yay. Gotta go change loads, so TTFN.

1 comment:

cmhl said...

love Addie's dress!!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...