Monday, July 27, 2009

Bye, Kids...

Yesterday our new Bishop released the whole Young Women's and Primary Presidencies, so I am no longer the Primary President. The upside is--well, don't get me started--but the new President is super-awesome! We spent the evening together last night passing the torch, so to speak, and I am so excited about her and her presidency. And I am so thankful for the flash of insight/revelation that came last Tuesday & allowed me to write the Primary Program in pretty much one sitting. At first I thought, "Well, shoot, that was a waste," but when I showed the new Prez what I'd done, she was overjoyed. So, YAY that.
The downside is that I am sad to leave the kids, of course, and I hate to leave before I feel like I ever got a handle on things. But I do come away no longer saying "I am not a kid person" because I am, and I now know that the most complex, difficult calling a woman can hold in a ward (and maybe in the universe) is Primary President. I only did about 2/3 of my calling, and most of that was done at less-than-stellar levels, so I really do stand is awe of those Presidents who are able to put the whole program into action and inspire not just their teachers, but the scouts and the Faith in God programs, and the families of the children, too.
Here's the song we learned to sing and sign this month with the kids:
"I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me
His Spirit warms my soul through everything I see
He knows I will follow Him, Give all my life to Him
I feel my Savior's love, the love he freely gives me.
I'll share my Savior's love by serving others freely
In serving I am blessed; In giving I receive.
He knows I will follow Him, Give all my life to Him
I feel my Savior's love, the love he freely gives me."

1 comment:

Kim Skinner said...

I was Primary president for 2 years and it was the best! In no other place do you feel that spirit that strong every week!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...