Tuesday, July 28, 2009

But WAIT, There's MORE...

I had a bunch of blood work done last weekend and Dr. Reid called me with a diagnosis and prescription today, as she is leaving for Pakistan this week and won't be back until Labor Day. She said even though I don't have many of the symptoms, my blood work shows that I have PCOS . If you check that link, you will see that I only have 4 or 5 of the symptoms (weight gain, insulin resistance, male-pattern baldness, skin tags--my girl parts are still running just fine), but she says my pituitary gland has pretty much gone crazy the past few years and the hormone panel shows PCOS. She sounds excited about prescribing me Metformin because it's really going to help, especially with the weight loss I have been working on for 3 months and GAINING (I haven't whined about it here, but my average caloric intake is around 1800-2000 calories, I walk about 12 miles a week at a brisk pace, in addition to my regular demanding schedule, and I have gained 27 pounds since my surgery...it does NOT add up!).

So I am off to pick up some meds and see how it all goes down. There are still some test results we are awaiting to be sure I haven't developed other auto immune problems, too, so, ya know, whatever.

My sis Laura just brought my nephews Cody & Tyler to my house and I really missed them! I think we are going to have a fun few days before I have to send them back to Phoenix.

Feeding the missionaries homemade pizza tonight, then going to a baptism at the church. We just had a fun afternoon of jewelry-and-barrette-making for Crafters Club...love my girlz! More soon...

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Sorry to hear that, I hope the medicine will help and make you feel better. We will keep you in our prayers.

Shoeaddict said...

I hope the metformin helps. I just got off of it in my 12th week of pregnancy.

It can irritate your stomach!

Laura said...

I'm going in for my surgery at 12:00 non tomorrow. Thanks for the e-mail. Love you.

Kim Skinner said...

So weird because I have a lot of those same symptoms...except the balding thing. Aren't horomones and female things great?!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...