Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Catch Up

Friday afternoon we drove to Helena and met Matt & Amie, Jake & Sam at the park for Matt's big Congratulations party. Amie prepared such a fun party! There were burgers & hot dogs with lots of great potluck side dishes, homemade root beer, yummy desserts, and super fun games--even a pinata! Amie looked so cute in her new apron! She is excited to join the society of hausfraus now that Matt has a new job!
Matt & his friend (already an officer) looking like COPS
(sans donuts and mustaches! HA!)

Rich took over the grill for Matt because, he said, our motto is
"Never Trust a Skinny Cook!"
***
We slept over Friday night (Heidi & Jake and James & Sam were inseparable) and had fun just hanging out until about 4pm. Laura and her kids came over and we had a quick girl date to a quaint little shopping area called Reeder's Alley. Amie wanted to show us a cute store called Cinnamon Toast, where I bought a vintage sewing basket that's ballet pink with decoupaged notions on the lid...so fun!
There's Addie walking down Matt's Street--the other kids are riding scooters behind her.



Rich & Matt stained the front deck and stairs and went gun shopping...
Here we are saying good bye (I am laughing at the kids) and you can see how nice the house is looking after all of the Postum's hard work.
THANKS for such a fun weekend, guys! We love you so much and are so excited for this next chapter in your lives.
(Your gratitude attitude will get you far in life--we love hanging out with you!)
***
Saturday night I folded some clothes and watched one of my favorite Scrubs episodes, "My Cabbage"--the final song in that episode (Fix You by Coldplay) always makes me sad and reminded me of Jill. *SNIFF*----But then in the morning I turned on "Music and the Spoken Word" and the MoTab performed a gorgeous arrangement of "For the Beauty of the Earth"--the one we sang in UA institute chorale--and later sang, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," which I performed for regional solo & ensemble contest in high school (I only got like a 90% on that one, though--it was the year before I got the perfect score). Ahhh, musical memories. I am so thankful for music in my life. I am hoping with a tiny bit more free-time now I can do more music (and make more memories!).
***
Sweet Baby James, the almost-birthday boy, wants yogurt, so I shall oblige...love 2 all y'all!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...