Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Mommy is HOME!

I have a BIG post to compose later, but for now just wanted to say that my mom is home from the hospital, finally!

We had a lovely stake conference this weekend, and made some delicious apple cider out at the ranch yesterday with the primary kids.

Rich took us out for treats at the new Western Drug soda fountain, where we sat on saddled stools at a marble counter and ate ice cream (the kids), vanilla coke (me), and a root beer float (Rich).

We baked delicious pumpkin dump, cleaned the great room, and watched "Hoodwinked" (again) last night while Rich went to the adult session of Stake Conference ( we decided to take turns this year because we both needed some quiet time--he went to the adult session, I went to the family session).

It was raining this morning when I drove over to Bozeman, a little cooler than it has been (did I mention that summer finally showed up in September? It's been really annoying to have 80-degree weather in September when I am ready for 58-and-partly-cloudy) and touches of fall are showing up all over the canyon...I LOVE IT!!

Our meeting today was beautiful--absolute poetry, focusing on the Theology of the Family, that the family is not just a nice idea or a good lifstyle choice, but that Family IS the gospel, the great plan of happiness (or, as Boyd K, Packer taught in 1995, "The Great Plan of Happiness is the plan for a happy family"). President Heap (our stake president who is also a career CES worker and a GENIUS teacher) spoke, then two seniors in high school spoke about what they have learned in their families, then a mother, then our area authority spoke about extended families & teaching children in a way they understand. It was all just lovely.

Now we've had a little nap, the kids are playing Cookin' Mama on the wii and I am going to go sew some more and try out my cool new square ruler while watching (how appropos) History channel shows about free masons. Don't be jealous.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

So glad your mom is home!! Wasn't conference the best?? I hope this is a week of miracles for you - birthday girl!!!!! Love you!!!!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...