Monday, September 28, 2009

Sifting Through

Mostly I've just been humming Jane Siberry songs in my head. On Thursday, it was Red High Heels (no, not that stupid trollop Kelli Pickler's song) and since Sunday, it's been The Walking. Maybe because they were the soundtrack of the worst years of my life, maybe because they made an impression when I was impressionable, I don't know. But today, it's all I have to say.


the walking and constantly
an endless stream of endless dreams
that wheel and roll just past my shoulder

the waiting and constantly
an endless shift of sifting through
the facts, the fey
you never know for sure

I was sure until they asked me
now I don't know
all I know is something touched me...

I tell everyone a different story
that way nothing's ever boring
even when they turn and say you lied
petals drifting past my shoulder
or maybe snow - I'm cold I'm not sure
someone yelled at me I don't know why

if you want someone to love you
just let me know
people pushing past me
if you want someone to love you
then don't just go
every now and then things become clear:
there's nothing that will bring you back
there's nothing that will change this fact
there's nothing that I will take back
your shoes you left your hat
it's on the bed or else the chair

the walking and constantly
and endless stream of endless dreams
that wheel and roll just past my shoulder.

***
While I was looking for a video of the walking I found this from the same album. A much sillier song, but a fun memory...siblings, do you remember singing the "yadee yadee yadee" part?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that that song is that backdrop to some dreams I have, of Toronto-area during high school, rolling hills and long winter grass half-hidden in snow....

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...