Monday, October 05, 2009

Here's my hubs SHAKIN' THE TREE...and then I remembered the Peter Gabriel song...wow, life is full of happy coincidences. I'm shakin' some trees, too.

Shake the Tree! from MelinFamily on Vimeo.



oops--the code is broken--I'll be back with the actual clip when vimeo gets crackin'.
4:40--link still not ready, but here's something even BETTER (I made it last night as cupcakes and it was FAB--try 1 stick of butter + 1/2 c applesauce= less fat, more yum) :

Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups regular all-purpose flour, unsifted
1/2 cup cocoa
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup soft butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Glaze (directions follow)
Method
Preheat the oven to 350°F.

1 Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.

2 With a mixer, beat together the butter and the sugar until they are smoothly blended. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition. With a spoon, stir in the vanilla, orange peel, and zucchini.

3 Alternately stir the dry ingredients and the milk into the zucchini mixture, including the nuts with the last addition.

4 Pour the batter into a greased and flour-dusted 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan. Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes (test at 45 minutes!) or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn out on wire rack to cool thoroughly.

5 Drizzle glaze over cake.

Glaze: Mix together 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 Tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until smooth.

Cut in thin slices to serve. Makes 10-12 servings.

3 comments:

Stephanie :) said...

It's official...you've lived in Montana too long since you said twice in your video that it wasn't cold, even though there is snow. It was 72 degrees today, which was cold. Thank you very much! :)

Jamie said...

HAHAHA! I already know I can't live in AZ ever again because I got way too hot over Christmas Break! It's just that after a few weeks of below-zero temps in mid-winter, 42, or even 32 feels like spring time! I know this. 40 feels great on my skin these days, but I remember I was writing a friend serving his mish in Norway while I was in HS and he wrote and said they'd broken out their short sleeved shirts because it was "up in the 40's" all week and I freaked out because, as you well know, Winter in AZ is 62! ;)

Stephanie :) said...

I must admit though, my freshman year at Ricks was particularly cold. There was a warm spell one day and we all were laying out in our swimming suits. We found out later it was only in the 40s.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...