Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baptism Weekend: FRIDAY

I got all my peeps off to school and work on Friday morning, then had to stop to get birthday snacks and deliver them to Addie's class. When I pulled into the parking lot of Town & Country market at 9:30 am, my sis Laura pulled up next to me, having just arrived from Helena. She headed to my house to start baking treats for Thanksgiving dinner and I joined her after visiting Ad's class. We basically cooked all day long. Then Dad and Becky Layton arrived from Pocatello. They checked in at the Comfort Inn and came over to share a lasagna dinner with us. After dinner we visited for a while and my bro Matthew and his family arrived from Helena. Matt is about to graduate from the police academy so he wore his uniform to surprise James.... Addue, Uncle Matthew, James, and Dad Layton as Matt arrives
Officer Post and his admiring nephew James
Addie tried on Matt's handcuffs and went to bunk bed jail
These four cousins are best pals! Jake + Heidi and Sam + James=SO MUCH LOVE!
***
Dad and Becky returned to the hotel and the kids played as we waited for Nana & Papa Drews and the Petersens to arrive from Utah. I didn't look at the clock, but it seems like my mom got here around 9 and Petersens arrived around 10. All the girls slept in the basement living room and stayed up til 12:30am or so, singing Happy Birthday to Addie at midnight and giggling themselves to sleep. I was pretty dang tired, but I knew I had one more day in me and I was so excited to spend Saturday celebrating Addie's birth and baptism with the whole fam damily!

No comments:

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...