Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"But Inside, It's So Delightful..."

Last night I put on "Ella Fitzgerald Wishes You a Swingin' Christmas" to psych myself up to clean up dinner, and before I finished, Heidi and James were sound asleep (Addie was at choir rehearsal with Rich). It was just too adorable, Heidi all snuggled up there, so I took a picture, and made a video after I'd finished the dishes... Heidi sleeping
This candle makes having a fake tree bearable because it smells JUST LIKE a real tree. I love it, and when Albertson's has a 2-for-1 sale, the Village Candles are only $6.50 (I am kind of a candle snob, but I just don't see the point in buying candles that (a) aren't HEAVILY scented and (b) don't smell FABULOUS burning). Totally worth it.

Here are two videos-- one Addie made yesterday while Heidi & James were bugging her (she was doing her homework in the office and I told them they were not allowed in the office, so they kept sitting by the door and she caught them on video). The other is the one I mentioned above, Heidi sleeping on the couch on a peaceful winter's night to my 2 favorite sounds--Ella's voice and the dishwasher running!

Heidi Asleep By the Tree 12.07.09 from MelinFamily on Vimeo.


Silly Siblings from MelinFamily on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Aim said...

Sweet Jaim, you are the best!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...