Friday, January 01, 2010

The Cousins' New Year Time Capsule

We celebrated "East Coast New Year" with our (mine & Jill's) kids at 10pm at my mom's house. Just before the big countdown, we gathered the kids around the table and asked them two questions: (1) What are you going to try to do better in 2010/ How will you try to be more like Jesus? and (2) What's your best memory of 2009? I am posting their answers here so we can look back on them at our 2010 New Years Party, where ever we are. We can check our progress and ask ourselves the same questions every year. If you want to join in (we missed so many of our cousins and would love for you to play along), post your family's answers to these questions as a comment on this post (or send me a link), and we'll all open our 'time capsule' next NYE!

Lyndi Alice, age 10: Be nicer to my siblings. Don't grind my teeth.
Heidi Lynn, age 5: Bake cookies for Santa in my Easy Bake. Don't scream in the house.
Jack Elliott, age 5: No sucking my fingers. No slamming doors.
Addie Rose, age 8: Try not to cry when I get frustrated and say words instead. Do my Faith in God book.
Isabelle Marie, age 7.5: Help my mom keep the house clean and give her hugs.
James Ole, age 3: "Uhhh...be a SUNBEAM!"
(Ben was playing downtairs)

BEST MEMORIES of 2009
Lyndi Alice: Addie's Baptism
Addie: My baptism day
Isabelle: Grandma Petersen's funeral because now she is back in heaven.
Jack: My birthday
Heidi: Riding an airplane and other fun stuff.
***
Okay...what do you other cousins have to add???

1 comment:

Laura said...

Jared says..."I want to try to be better at school and at home by listening to my parents and do all of my homework better." Best memeory of 2009 was fishing when Cody and Tyler were here and almost bringing a huge fish to shore but losing it when it jumped out of the water and "off" his hook. He WILL catch it next time.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...