Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy 2010

I'm finally back. I lost my blogging mojo for a bit, but I have been posting daily facebook updates. So yes, we made it home safe to Montana on New Year's Day, after driving thru a blizzard in Idaho. Worst part was that I had to drive ( I was so dang tired) because we did indeed buy that Lexus/Land Cruiser. I am in love with that car and I need 4WD so bad! Next year or two, Mama's gettin' a 4WD Acadia (if Jesus doesn't come before then--;)).

Anyway, longest trip home EVER. We had two full-on meal stops, two potty/snack stops, and two stop-at-the-next-rest-area-and-let-me-power-nap-or-mama's-gonna-drive-into-a-ditch stops (just closed my eyes for 10 minutes and kept on truckin'). We left Draper at noon and got home at 8:45! Saturday I planned to sleep like the dead, but the kids wanted to sled with their cousins up at Uncle Mike's cabin and we had promised they could see "Princess & the Frog" on Christmas break, so I showered at the crack of noon and met them at Mike's to go to the movie in Bozeman. We had a nice quiet Sunday (with scones and beef stew and new xmas board games) and got back to the grind on Monday. Yay us.

I got all Christmas stuff packed and to the garage Monday, made Stir Fry dinner with Gram & Gramp Melin, set some goals and played the Ladybug game for FHE. Next month, Addie is doing the lesson as one of her Faith in God achievements (can I say how cute it is to see her studying her scriptures? She is still a little girl in so many ways, but it's fun to see her maturing in good ways!!!). I tried to be ambitious today, but shower/laundry/dishes/dinner is as good as it got. I even napped with James from noon-1pm...that was AWESOME!

I'm now going to check the camera card and see if there are any good pix to post from our trip or of the new car or my new glasses...if so, I'll post them ASAP. Adios...

oh, ps: there's new stuff at Framanisco if you're subscribed.

On New Year's morning, Heidi & I drove over to say good bye to Erin while Rich loaded the car and the other kids slept. We wore our party hats from the night before and took her a Pepsi :)Heidi & Auntie Erin

I guess we didn't take any pix at mom's house or at Jill's, which is sad, cuz the kids had a ball with their cousins and looked so cute in their party hats. We also had fun playing games and ringing in the New Year with Grays and Stotts and the Mayberry newlyweds! You'll just have to take my word for it!

***

Retro: On Dec 18th, Addie's class did a play of Jan Bretts' book, "The Mitten." Addie played the mouse Jasper (in the vest) is the same kid who dressed up like Jack Layton (SR71 pilot) for Halloween.
***

On MOnday, 12/21, we went to the high school to watch the elementary school production of "A Beary Happy Holiday" (see previous post):

The 4th graders in back are polar bears, the thrd graders in shades are grizzlies, and the 2nd graders are pandas.
All the Pandas singing, "Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella"
Addie doing her "Panda-monium" number
(she was dressed just like Audrey Hepburn--adorable)
Cousin Danny was a dancing cowboy bear with the first graders (he's in the hat).
***
On the 22nd, we caroled and took candy trains to friends and neighbors. It was WINDY, but so fun!
***
I think we're all caught up on photos now.

4 comments:

Taralyn said...

I wanna see the new car!!! :) I love your posts - I aspire to be the Mom you are!!! You AMAZE ME!!! <3<3<3 YA Postie!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks so freezing! I've been in Arizona so long now I think it's cold if it's less than 65. Brrr!

Elizabeth said...

Where's the car! I love my Land Rover. You need one of them. Although a friend of mine has an Acadia, she loves it.
Great photos!

CasperintheUK said...

OOOKKK,
For the record, I look completely stupid in the pictures of us when you came to say goodbye because I had just jumped out of bed; it's not fair to snap a girl's pic when she's only been out of bed for 5 minutes! I let you only because I love you.
The Ellis island pics... kay, I don't always look so double chinned, only on special occasions! Yikes, those are blackmail pics of me.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...