Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day One of Spring Break: Friday

We left our house at 8am, heading west through Bozeman, then turning south through Ennis, Henry's Lake, Island Park, Rexburg, Poky, Ogden (where there was a blizzard!), and finally Utah Valley...

The BozemanPass was lightly dusted

...not looking too spring-ish!
We drove out to Eagle Mountain first thing to see my mom. We are still recovering from the RSV/cold virus from last week, so we wore masks and sanitizer and only stayed a few minutes.
My sisters Sara, Laura, and Jill were there, so they decided to come back to the hotel with us and let 12 kids swim. I picked up dinner at Panda Express (string bean chicken anyone?) and we all ate it in the dining room of the hotel. Then Jill's girls Ally & Belle stayed over at the hotel and the others went home. All the kids colored and did puzzles for an hour or so, then we played an UNO tournament (James fell asleep) and hit the hay at 11pm. It was genuinely fun--I love having kids this age. Even last year I couldn't have done this myself!

NERD ALERT: My nephew Gabe laying on my brother Marshall while nephew Jared looks on.
Jack & Heidi=cousin pals!!!!

Belle & Abby

Ally, Heidi and Addie doing puzzles

Belle and James coloring

My Slumber Party Crew--so much fun!
***
Now we are going on a Provo Photo Safari to all my old homes, then a picnic at Bridal Veil Falls!
I'll have to get some of Laura's great pool pix tonight!

4 comments:

Aim said...

ooooo! cousin party! Looks like fun!

Hey, wanted to let you know that Matt has to work conf weekend so we won't be able to come over for that. :( We were wondering when you get back from utah though? Maybe we'll come see you and chico a little before the weekend? He has wed, thurs friday off. Maybe Thurday come spend the night? Lemme know.

kacy faulconer said...

We should have gone to lunch!

Jamie said...

Don't tease me, Kacy! Ha. Next time I'm in town I'll take you up on it and turn from a stalker into a friend! ;)

CasperintheUK said...

Those pics of the Bozeman Pass reminded me of how Rhett used to like to take pictures WHILE driving! Yeah, I put a stop to that freakish habit. I'm sure somewhere in the camera manual it says to not use the camera while operating a vehicle. Just like the warning on the chainsaw box warning against using your hand to stop the chainsaw.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...