Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Weekend Campout

Rich treated us to a weekend camping in West Yellowstone in the pop top.

We love s'mores--even in the freezing rain!


We just move the party inside!


Saturday morning it was still cold and rainy as we headed out to drive thru Yellowstone and Gran Teton to Jackson Hole for the day.



Cheerful little travellers!


We crossed the divide six times on Saturday! This is about 11am in Yellowstone.

The road at the top

Jackson Lake--we stopped here cuz Heidi was havign a meltdown


See?

Couldn't quite see th top of the Tetons


James on a statue in Jackson Town Square


Addie eating lunch at Back Country Provisions


James at lunch

After lunch, we went to see Shrek 3 in D at the theatre in Jackson

Glasses on, ready for 3D!


Mommy loves retro cowgirls!


Me and the kids outside the theatre


Elk Horn arches in Jackson Town Square


Daddy and the kids pretending to be Elk


My cousin Dasha is working in Jackson over the summer--it's a big change from Thatcher, AZ! It was so great to see her!

Wild kids with wildlife

We parked by this sign and I thot it waas funny (4U, Gram!)

We went home the west way, through Idaho's Teton Valley, and you know what they are famous for...










We cannot recommend this place highly enough--it was FANTASTIC! If you find yourself driving thru the valley and you're hungry for some tasty, authentic (served by another family from Jalisco), totally inexpensive Mexican food, stop at this place in Driggs!
THANK YOU for the wonderful meal, Guadalajara!

8 comments:

CrumpyLady said...

We don't rent pigs either. That's awesome. I'm jealous of your trip, we love Jackson!

Taralyn said...

You are soooo Beautiful Jamie!!! The resturant in Driggs I believe has been there FOREVER!!! If it's the same one I used to eat there in college - I love love love Jackson Hole - I need to take my children up there sometime... I just never think I can do big trips like that alone.. Your Family is so great!!! Thank You for allowing me a little peak!

Lisa said...

But, but, when who DOES rent pigs?

The potato statues look suspiciously like Mr. Hanky. I'm already sorry that I just wrote that. (But they do!)

I THINK Jackson has the World's Largest Elkhorn Arch. Not a sight to be missed, especially if one is an elkhorn arch afficionado.

Summer said...

You were totally where I grew up! I worked in Jackson as a Teenager during the summer, and even drove my friends to the "SPUD DRIVE IN" IN a spud truck. I'm so sorry to have missed you, but it looks like you had a blast. LOVE and miss you tons! Oh and by the way if you've never seen the old time movie "Lonesome Dove" you may not get the sign that says we don't rent pigs. It's a LLLOOONNNG movie, but shows how the west really used to be, not a made up life of what so many picture it being.You have to watch it more than once to appreciate it.

Jill Petersen said...

Mr. Hanky, the Christmas poo.....
You guys have the most fun! I know you are going to show my girls a great time! Glad you had a fun Memorial weekend.

Kelli said...

I have driven by that potato thing a hundred times and always wanted to stop, but I suffer from getthereitis and never did! A fun, fun trip. We can't wait to start ours and get up there to see ya'll.

cmhl said...

that is a FANTASTIC picture of you!!! fun!!!

The Erickson Five said...

I love your Blogging!!! You are AMAZING at it!!! Loved the pics! My Mom was remarried in Jackssonhole under all those antlers....funny place huh! Looks BEAUTIFUL!
XO
Stacy

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...