Friday, June 04, 2010

Checkin' In

Wow, it has been a really busy week, but in a very good way. I have mixed feelings about school being out, but mostly I am excited for my kids and for all the fun that comes with summer in Montana (cousin fun! river floats! camping! bonfires! treehouse picnics! fishing!). Nerdy me, I like the structure of the school year, but look forward to more time with the girls.

Today is the last day of school, so as of noon I will have a going-into-third grader and and going-into-first-grader on my hands. This kind of freaks me out because I can remember these times in my life so clearly...it doesn't seem that long ago! We are celebrating by driving (in the rain--yes, it's raining AGAIN) to Helena to hang out with our cousins and have a pizza party tonight Daddy has to stay and work at the ranch, but I guess that's a good thing because they are pouring the gazebo concrete this weekend and Rich is building the log frame for it. It's going to be really beautiful overlooking the Yellowstone river.

My mama is feeling SOOOOO much better! She has sounded so good on the phone this week and has been up and out of bed--hooray! Grandpa is hanging in there, too. He's getting to be a chemo pro and had his thrid treatment last week. Three down, two to go! He doing so great, we (meaning mostly SIL Kristen) decided to start planning a 60th anniversary celebration for him and Grandma in August. Their anniversary is August 22, 1950--can you believe it? That is a milestone few people reach and it will be such a blessing for them to celebrate it together. Otherwise, we're all well and happy here. I have some pictures to post as well as some thoughts on the books I have read so far this year, so when I get a minute, I'll be back. For now, it's time to party with the kids cuz (sing along), "Schooool's out for summer! Schooooool's out for EVAH!"

1 comment:

Jill Petersen said...

It's already been a juggle for us! i don't know if I love school being out, but I do know that my kids are hella excited to come up to Motana, they are gonna keep on dancin!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...