Sunday, May 09, 2010

Some Mothers

I've been reminiscing about my babies today, as I do every Mother's Day. I kept my tradition of tucking them in like I did when they were babies--they each have their own lullaby, so I sang each one (Addie's is "Adeline" to the tune of "Edelweiss," Heidi's is "Baby Mine," and James' is "Sweet Baby James") then I came and edited some old photos I scanned a while back. Here are some of my favorite photos from my motherhood: Addie and Me in 2002

My girls and me right after Heidi's birth in 2004


The girls welcoming James in 2006.

I am so thankful to be their mom!

***
Now, let's take a journey back in time...
Here I am practicing being married AND a mother in 1974--Willy and I were dressed up for Aunt Marti's wedding and the twins had just come home from the hospital--YAY! This is at Grandma Elreys' house-- I loved that orange lamp and I would PAY to have a copy of that awesome family photo of us behind the couch!
This is me on or around my first birthday in 1972. We are at Grandma Layton's house in Thatcher.
This is my mommy and me in 1971
This is my mom, super prego, 1971

This is my mom on her first day of college in 1969.

This is my mom when she was 14 at her grandmother's house.
That's my mom (far right) with her cousins around age 3.

That's my cute little Grandmother becoming a mother at age 20, holding my mother.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom & Gram!

2 comments:

Geo said...

So sweet. Love you, James!

Jessica said...

How cute! Those pictures of you as a kid...I can't believe how much Addie and Heidi look like you!! Wow!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...