Thursday, July 29, 2010

On Tuesday

On Tuesday, we went to the park and took a picnic. Addie is showing off her new lunch bag, but I didn't take a picture of it--just her big smile!
Heidi had to make a silly face as she ran by me...

and so did James!

Heidi saw her friend, Ryan, from pre-school (he went to kindergarten at the other elementary, so they haven't seen one another for a year or so)

I dont' know that little girl on the swing, but she and James had a ball being swung by Heidi.

She looks pretty annoyed here--James, as usual, is trying to cheer her up. He likes everyone around him to be happy.

Yay! It worked!
***
Later, Richand I took a trip to Billings...
We ate fabulous Mongolian BBQ at HuHot
(my personal favorite recipe contains lots of cilantro but there wasn't any on the bar. I asked for some and they brought me this huge bowl of it. So, yum) I didn't take a picture of my food until it was gone, but it was super good like always. You can't really go wrong with meat, veggies, tasty sauces, and a giant griddle!
Speaking of tasty sauces...
Here I am hittin' the sauce. Rich thinks I drink Mae Ploy.
Maybe I do.

I intended to take a cute picture of us at the temple, but it was getting dark and rainy when we got there and we were hurrying. But this is what it looked like:
Billings Temple
***
Now I must get my poop in a group and go set up for our ward campout at Pine Creek. The campout is Friday night, but we Melins are heading up a day early to make sure things go smoothly (and to have an extra day of fun). It's so beautiful up there...yay.
So now I leave you with a transcript of last Friday's voicemail from Heidi. It was recently revealed to me that she has been hiding phones in her room and calling Rich at work and leaving long hilarious voicemails for him. This particular voicemail is one she left calling me from day camp last week:
HEIDI, 07.23.10 at 3pm:
Mommy, uuuhhhhmmmm, I was wondering if I could come home right now.
I'm sorry you couldn't call me. [fumbling noise, as if she's hanging up...]
It was Addie and Heidi who wanted to call, K? Got that? K? Bye. [more fumbling]
Oh, and leave me a message, K?........you're a sweetheart [more fumbling]
and I love you, mommy. [click]

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I LOVE that first picture of Addie! What a beautiful growing girl she is!

Kim Skinner said...

Your kids are darling!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...