Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tell Me Your Awesome

My BIL Jess gave my FIL Tom "The Book of Awesome" for Father's Day. On Sunday while we were hangin' at Gramma's, I read through most of the book. And it's hilarious.

So of course the website from whence the book sprang is my new favorite site. Check it out HERE. Come on, just CLICK and love!

Now please leave a comment and tell me something you think is AWESOME!

Here are two of mine (kind of too specific for the website, but still awesome):

(1) putting a soda can in the freezer to get it cold and pulling it out at just the right moment--you know, when ice crystals are JUST starting to form, but it's perfectly cold and still super fizzy. Ah, yeah--that's awesome (especially if it's San Pellegrino Limonata or Aranciata--Lord have mercy, that's refreshing! AWESOMELY refreshing)

(2) The sound of the dishwasher after all the kids are asleep. It's the sound of "my-work-here-is-done"--awesome.

7 comments:

lizardofoz said...

funny, i was just thinking this morning how awesome it is when: you're holding an oreo cookie in milk, and you know EXACTLY when you pull it out to eat it, right when it barely becomes soft, but not yet soggy.

Taralyn said...

I Love when I can see in someones eyes & expressions how much they Love and Appreciate me!!! No words are needed... Best Feeling EVER!!!

Rich said...

Hearing any of my children cracking themselfs up to uncontrolled laughter, now that is awesome!!

CrumpyLady said...

When you're playing games and the person in last place (usually me) makes a sudden, come from behind win at the last second. It's time for an in your face disgrace! Love it.

Also...good commercials, the kind that make you laugh out loud, almost cry, kind of funny.

Laura said...

I think it's AWESOME when you see someting for the very first time with your own eyes that you have only ever seen in pictures or in movies.

Jill Petersen said...

It's awesome to hear Jack say wicked awesome!

Also awesome to be in the perfect position so comfy right before I fall asleep! Ahhh the best and totally awesome!

Aim said...

Pinpointing the EXACT food you've been craving when you're pregnant. No matter what it turns out to be, it will be the best thing you've ever tasted in your life.

I had that with strawberry frozen yogurt 2 weeks ago. Matt watched me eat it and just laughed. Eyes closed, each spoonful slowly savored. It was the BEST!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...