Monday, August 02, 2010

They Help Us Love

I had a good, hard-workin' Monday until a tummy bug caught up with me about 2:30 and I retired to my bed/bathroom. I always feel sad when I don't feel good enough to finish what I had planned, but I am slowly getting over it. My challenges are small, and I am so grateful for all I got done this morning and for a husband who picks up the slack so kindly.

I am also thankful for a sister-in-law who knows a lot about forgiveness, who is my sisterfriend, who posted THIS LINK on her blog today. It was just what I needed when I felt blue. Take six and a half minutes and check it out. Here's a favorite quote from Brother Williams:

"I am grateful that God allows tragedies and trials to occur in our lives--not because they are easy or because they are desired, but because they help us love."

Hang in there, Grandma & Grandpa. We love you.

1 comment:

Aim said...

Aww! Thats a link to my blog! wow! I feel like a celebrity just called me by name or something! haha

I DO know a lot about forgiveness. But I've learned even MORE from those who've chosen to extend forgiveness to me, such as yourself. Everyday I need more. Luckily these everyday sins are quite a bit smaller than the sins of an Amie I used to know. Phew!

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...