Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Reason I Love My Kids' School

You may have heard that I am serving as the PTO Secretary at my kids' school. This is something that was not really on my radar screen--I'm not generally the PTO type, but I am kind of in love with all the teachers at the school and I want their jobs and lives to be better, so I was motivated to help out (in my own lame way).

What kind of letters do you get from the teachers of your naughty kids? This one pretty much rocks:

FRIDAY 3PM

Jamie,
Heidi didn’t have her folder or behavior chart here today so I thought I’d just email you.

I’m assuming Jim called you about the issue on the playground yesterday afternoon (Heidi mooned a classmate). This seems to have been a really hard week for Heidi on the playground. Today was an equally difficult day in the classroom. Heidi wasn’t able to follow directions at all today. She seemed to really be distracted and not listening to anything that was really happening in the classroom.

Have a nice weekend. --J

FRIDAY 3:15PM

J--
Yep. Rich talked to Jim (the principal) on his lunch hour and took away all the wii games and Heidi's other privileges. She has done equally bad at home...tough week! I have had the flu, too, and barely enough energy to do my regular mom stuff, but I did muster up the energy to wash her mouth out with soap on Wednesday night and put her to bed right after dinner yesterday for making poor choices at home. I almost cried when Jim called because I have no idea what to do with her except just trying to be consistent with what's in place...*SIGH*--Jamie

MONDAY 8AM

Jamie,

I hope you are feeling better. Keep your head up! You are an awesome mom with three beautiful, God-loving children! There is no harder job in the world. Heidi is a loving little girl who is just throwing us all a few curve balls right now, we will get through this TOGETHER! Jim and I have visited a little about maybe getting the school psychologist involved, how do you feel about that? It is a fresh new beautiful day, we are starting anew and I will pour my love on Heidi and pray we can all help her to make good choices! --J

***
It kinda makes me want to sing, "What's gonna work? TEAMWORK!" (nickjr fans?) I feel much better today than I did Friday... and less like locking up my naughty first grader.

6 comments:

CrumpyLady said...

I have a feeling I am well on my way to having similar experiences with my Lauren. She is extremely stubborn, independent, and is a huge boundary tester! Just tonight Adam called me all sorts of flustered because she had hidden in the house (he didn't know this) and he couldn't find her anywhere. Thinking the worst he had half of the neighborhood looking for her before he found her hiding behind our bedroom door. She wouldn't answer the 30 people calling her name, and thought the whole thing was hilarious. Awesome. Just think of all the great advice you'll be able to give me in 3 years when we start first grade!

Jenn said...

OMGoodness...that little Heidi...I love her to death but man she is being a stinker! Head up girl, this too shall pass! Let me know if I can help in any way...
Hope you are feeling better!

Shoeaddict said...

How much do I love that teacher note- she's just gonna keep on loving her... That's lucky.

Good luck!

lishajeanne said...

It makes me smile to know I am not the only one who gets notes like that. Sounds like you could not hope for a better more dedicated teacher though. Lucky kids!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

That made me laugh. And some day, when she's the most amazing and awesome mother with a naughty 1st grader of her own, you can remind her of this story! Things always look differently a few years down the road, right?

Luisa said...

Oh Jamie-- I love hearing it because you are so amazing and if you can have a child behave like that it makes me feel like I'm not doing too badly. (Last year I swear for the first couple months I heard something new about Mara every week.) They really do just come with their own personality and we can do our best to teach them and hope that they make good choices. My mantra: patience and faith, patience and faith. Good luck! I love it. Keep sharing.

FAMILY LETTER 07.28.19

Dear Loved Ones,                                                                                                        We have just ...